Second Church of Fremont is a faithful congregation of 125 seeking a full-time Pastor who will preach the Word of God, graciously shepherd the congregation, and provide godly leadership.
Faith Commitment: The Pastor shall be a professing Christian who displays a deep love for the Lord Jesus Christ and his church. He believes the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and seeks to live by its teachings. He will be committed to the Reformed faith.
Educational Qualifications and Work Experience: The Pastor shall be a duly ordained minister of the Word in the Christian Reformed Church. He shall be judged suitable for the position being proposed by the Council of Second Church.
General Ministry Directives:
- To diligently uphold Second Church in prayer.
- To faithfully proclaim the good news of God’s Words.
- To provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the congregation.
- To administer the overall ministry of Second Church.
Specific Ministry Directives
- To regularly preach the Word of God and administer the sacraments.
- To plan with the Music Director the weekly service.
- To officiate at special services such as funerals and weddings.
- To serve as a member of the Worship Team.
- To call upon the sick, the aged, and the needy in conjunction with the elders.
- To provide counsel.
- For those with struggles.
- For those planning on being married.
Teaching: Such as needed for Bible Study class, new members class, Catechism, Profession of Faith class
- To oversee the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry with the Council and appropriate teams and committees.
- To oversee the work of staff members
- By meeting with them regularly
- By encouraging them and resolving any difficulties
- To attend Council and Elders meetings
- To promote overall communication within the congregation, including assisting in weekly publication of 2nd’s Matters and Sunday bulletin
- To the Council (immediate and ultimate accountability)
Contractual Agreements and Compensation
- The Pastor has been called by the congregation for an indefinite period of time. His call to Second Church ceases upon his acceptance of another call, his retirement, or termination through an article of the denominational Church Order.
- The Pastor will be given an annual mutually agreed upon:
- Base salary
- Social Security allowance
- Health Insurance coverage
- Mileage reimbursement related to church activities
- Books/continuing education/ hospitality allowance
- Housing allowance
- The Pastor will annually receive four weeks of vacation and two weeks of Continuing Education.
- Sabbatical allowances as per the Sabbatical Policy
- The Council or a committee appointed by the Council will annually review his work.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Second Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Second Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Second Church and the Christian Reformed Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].