Blue Creek Baptist Church (Keaton Beach, FL) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Blue Creek Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Church seeking a full-time Pastor with gifts of preaching, teaching, shepherding and leadership skills.
The Church and Community
Blue Creek Baptist church sits in a very diverse community. Diverse in the sense of age and wealth. The congregation at any given Sunday could be made up of seasonal summer visitors, retired members, younger families, visitors passing through. Size would vary between 30 – 80 on any given Sunday. Core average of about 15 for Wednesday prayer and Bible study. About half of our members didn’t grew up in this county. A traditional hunting and fishing community. We are considered rural as we are 30 minutes from the town of Perry. There is a major drug problem in this County. The Gulf side of Beach Road contains wealth on average and the other side of Beach Road middle class to impoverished, broken homes in many cases. A real challenge to outreach and ministry. We are a giving church with secure means. Parsonage is fairly new and church building itself is pretty much renovated.
Our basic priorities are as follows:
- Without much discussion, our focus is on 1 Tim 3:1-7 as a starting point.
- That he has attended and has a degree from seminary.
- Has more than 5 years experience as a Pastor.
- Would prefer that he is between 35 – 50 years of age.
- Would prefer that he be married.
- Our ministry priorities are the following:
- A gifted teacher
- An effective communicator of well-prepared sermons
- A person who prefers to feature hymns, gospel songs, prayers, and preaching in worship (traditional)
- A person with leadership vision and a well-developed vision for the future of the church.
- A person who emphasizes evangelism and the importance of lifestyle witnessing.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church Facebook Page. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for Blue Creek Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Blue Creek Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of the Baptist Faith and Message.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].