Hi, we are Bergen Christian Testimony Church is located at 560 Russell Avenue, Wyckoff, NJ 07481. We are looking for an English Minister who is willing to partner with us in our ~100-person English-speaking Ministry, and join us in ministering the Word of God and discipling the youth and young adults.
Our church serves two distinct congregations: the Chinese-speaking congregation and the English-speaking congregation. As it stands, the English Ministry includes many of the church’s English-speaking youth, whereas the ~400-person Chinese Ministry includes most of the first-generation immigrant parents.
Bergen Christian Testimony Church is a non-denominational, Chinese-heritage community of faith that submits to the authority of Christ through a plural eldership. We believe that the 66-book Bible in its entirety is the inerrant, complete, and revelatory Word of God, which holds the highest authority and direction of our life and work. We hold to the truth of the Gospel: that Jesus is the Incarnate Son of God, the Word made flesh, who was crucified for the sin of the world, and on the third day was risen from the dead, who now sits at the right hand of God interceding on our behalf. We emphasize the eternal purpose of God, which is the Church united under Christ the head. We celebrate the Lord’s Communion weekly, to remember and proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
We reject any teaching or activity contrary to the above truths. We do not associate with any political or commercial entities. We do not encourage the pursuit of mysterious experiences. We believe that Jesus is all-sufficient.
- You are passionate about Jesus, and hold a pursuit of a knowing Him and obeying His Word above all else
- You have the gift of teaching, and are pursuing God’s calling to preach, teach, and share the Word of God
- You have a shepherd’s heart for youth and young adults, and love to have meaningful, Biblical relationship with them
- You have a servant’s heart to wash others’ feet and to submit in faith to spiritual authority
- You are a peacemaker who loves to bring different groups of people together
- Coordinate and head the English youth and young adult ministries
- Regular preaching of the Word of God using exegesis and Biblical hermeneutics
- Vision-cast and implement a structure for discipleship
- Liaise with parents while leading the English youth and young adult ministries
- Participate in and drive prayer meetings, ministry meetings, and coworker meetings (rotating schedule)
- You are able to manage commitments to multiple ministries
- Masters of Divinity (or equivalent degree); proven intention to obtain will be considered
- Strong oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record of church leadership and service, including preaching and youth group experience
How To Apply
Please forward a copy of your resume, sermon, as well as a statement of interest, to our Brother Bill Hsieh at [email protected]. We will reach out with next steps.