Union Baptist Church (Vallejo, CA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Union Baptist Church (unionbaptistofvallejo.org) is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor who will be a visionary leader, have a heart for the people, reach the next generation and seek to develop authentic relationships. The Senior Pastor will be approachable and be excited about building relationships in which people are connected, making disciples, intentional evangelism, and meeting our multi-ethnic and multi-generational community’s needs through ongoing ministry and outreach events.
UBC is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor who is committed to the inerrancy and authority of the Holy Bible. The Senior Pastor must meet the requirements found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 and be committed to continual growth in his relationship with Jesus and his fellow believers. The Senior Pastor must accept the Holy Bible as the sole authority for faith, support and apply the Articles of Faith, Church Covenant, and the Principles of Ministry. The Senior Pastor must have a willingness to also abide by the (or the spirit of the) UBC Constitution and Bylaws. The Senior Pastor will be an effective oral and written communicator and active listener with exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills. The Senior Pastor shall be a tither of his income.
The Senior Pastor is responsible for the overall leadership and spiritual welfare of the church toward the accomplishment of the church’s vision and mission. Relying on the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Senior Pastor will support the church’s mission by providing spiritual leadership for the congregation, church staff, and community.
The Senior Pastor, led by God, will lead, grow and build the church, its members, and God’s Kingdom in our community in a new season of ministry. The Senior Pastor will oversee all ministry areas with the support of church staff and ministry leaders.
The Senior Pastor must be committed to continually developing his skills through leadership training, so that he can equip and encourage our spiritual leaders to join him in serving the congregation and the community through evangelism. The Senior Pastor will provide the church with tools for spiritual development and be responsible for leading the church to function as a healthy church.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize the Pulpit and the Order of Church Service and church-sponsored activities.
- Perform the Church Ordinances (Baptism and Communion) and other pastoral duties including Marriage and Funeral services.
- Supervise the Associate Ministers.
- Shall maintain a health spiritual climate within the church body collaboratively with the Board of Deacons/Deaconess Ministry.
- Shall support and work with the committees and boards of the Church.
- Must adhere to strict standards of confidentiality.
- Maintain the church’s financial stability by working with the Board of Deacons, Board of Trustees, General Treasurer, and Financial Secretary.
- Be the ex-officio member of all committees and boards.
- Ensure that the Holy Bible teaching (Sunday School, Bible Study, Vacation Bible School) and Prayer Meeting are primary functions in the church.
- Perform all responsibilities with a spirit of Christian love and humility (1 Corinthians 13:1-8, Ephesians 4:2, Philippians 2:5-8 and Titus 3:2).
- Other conditions of employment are contained in the Pastor’s employment contract.
Other Key Duties
- Prayer, Counseling and Encouraging.
- Staff Development and Supervision.
- Strategic Planning and Growth.
- Community Outreach.
- Church Business Administration.
- Heart for reaching the next generation by promoting the development/sustainment of a Children/Youth and Young Adult ministry.
- Support a strong sick and shut in ministry.
- Community Outreach/Evangelism.
Candidates Must Possess the Following Qualifications
- A minimum of a Master of Divinity from an accredited college/seminary.
- Evidence of license/ordination as a Baptist Pastor/Minister and become a member of UBC.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Full-time Senior Pastor with applicable references.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively preach and teach God’s Word.
- Proven experience with, and a commitment toward community outreach.
- Prefer male and married.
- Prefer residence within the local commuting area (30 miles or 30 minutes from UBC) to be able to be on-site throughout the week.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual salary based upon qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Pastor at Union Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Pastor at Union Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Union Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].