Date Posted: March 18, 2023
Hours Per Week: 40
Calvary Bible Church
Kalamazoo, MI, USA
Job Type: Associate Pastor
Calvary Bible Church (Kalamazoo, MI) – Senior Associate Pastor
The Big Picture
Calvary Bible Church (calvarybible.org) is prayerfully seeking a Senior Associate Pastor to assist the Sr. Pastor and lead the Associate Pastors in shepherding and equipping the congregation of Calvary Bible Church to please God and make disciples.
- Authority: To represent the Senior Pastor in any situation as delegated by him. Requires wisdom and experience in all facets of ministry, including accurate preaching of God’s word, oversight of baptism and communion, performance of weddings, funerals, baptism, child dedications, counseling, pastoral visits, Benevolence needs, and other related pastoral functions as they occur.
- Shepherd: Serve as an Elder of Calvary Bible Church and shepherd individuals within the local church body. This role is not tied to a specific program within the Church, although additional program responsibilities may be assigned as well.
- Ministry: To manage, supervise, lead, and ensure the completion of various ongoing ministries of Calvary Bible Church; perform other ministerial duties as delegated by the Senior Pastor.
- Leadership: To lead and mentor the Associate Pastors. To foster morale among the Associate Pastors and staff by personally modeling and actively encouraging a servant-hearted, positive, encouraging, and energetic culture.
- Advisor: To be the key senior advisor to the Senior Pastor as he shepherds the local body of believers at Calvary, interfaces with the Elders, and leads the staff.
- Unity: To foster unity among the Associate Pastors, staff, and congregation. This includes counseling those who have disagreements within the body and addressing disciplinary issues as they arise in accordance with Biblical standards.
- Discipleship: To be personally involved in discipling individuals at Calvary Bible Church and leading them to become disciple-makers.
- Other Responsibilities: All other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Spiritual: Must meet the Biblical requirements for serving as an Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4). Be a Member at Calvary Bible Church; share full agreement with the Calvary Bible Church Constitution and Statement of Faith; and commit to faithful attendance at Calvary Bible Church worship services.
- Personal: Must demonstrate consistent Christ-like character, be a gifted preacher, have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills, and be a team player who can take initiative while submitting to leadership.
- Aspirational: Enthusiastic support for the Senior Pastor’s and elders’ philosophy of ministry and vision.
- Educational: Master of Divinity degree or higher from a recognized conservative evangelical seminary or equivalent experience.
The salary range is approximately $60,000-$100,000, depending upon experience, education, etc., plus full benefits, medical and contributions to a SEP-IRA.
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Senior Associate Pastor for Calvary Bible Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Senior Associate Pastor at Calvary Bible Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Calvary Bible Church.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].