Fairview Church (Danville, VA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Fairview Church (fairviewumcdanville.org) is a Christ-centered and independent Methodist church with two Sunday worship services (contemporary and traditional) of about 220 members seeking a full time Pastor.
Fairview Church’s vision is to Love God, Share Hope, and Serve All through fellowship, study, worship, and ministries for all ages while growing in God’s grace within the church, community, and world.
Fairview Church has a mission to connect people to God and to one another. It is a church where all persons can find healing in Jesus and friendship within the congregation. Fairview works to “…make disciples of all nations…in the name of the Father … Son and … Holy Spirit…”. (Matthew 28:19)
Worship services are on Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m. (contemporary) and 11:00 a.m. (traditional). Nurseries for the youngest in church family are available during the worship service and Sunday school. Sunday school is provided for all ages from 9:45-10:45 a.m.
We have a dedicated staff and church members who work together to provide meaningful opportunities to grow in our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We hope you will find Fairview to be a place where you can worship, grow, and serve as part of a church family who supports, encourages, and cares for one another.
Fairview Church is debt-free and has well-maintained facilities. The facilities include a 150-seat sanctuary with a Sunday school addition on the main level and a social hall on the lower level built onto the church building. The church also has Becky’s Kiddie Kollege (BKK) for childcare during the week.
Fairview Church is located within Danville city limits about 4.5 miles from the western city line. Pittsylvania county surrounds Danville on three sides with North Carolina bordering on the south side. This is the largest county (almost 969 sq. mi.) in Virginia and contains rolling farmland next to Smith Mountain Lake, the second largest lake in Virginia. Averett University and Danville Community College are located in Danville city. Pittsylvania county and Danville city have 5 fine high schools. Danville is located about 40 miles NE of Greensboro, NC, and 60 miles SW of Lynchburg, VA.
The search is for a full-time pastor who meets the following four numbered qualifications:
- College (4-year degree) or Biblical Degree or 5 years as Lead Pastor is required.
- Master of Divinity or Master of Theology degree from accredited Seminary/Divinity School is preferred.
- Rooted in Methodist Theology.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America or authorized to work in the United States.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Fairview Methodist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Fairview Methodist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Fairview Methodist.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].