First Presbyterian Church of Brawley (Brawley, CA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
First Presbyterian Church of Brawley (fpcbrawley.org) is seeking a Solo Pastor to lead a multi-generational congregation that values spiritual growth and all levels of mission work. We are a family called by God to expand Christ’s kingdom through service, stewardship and spiritual growth.
Our vision for ministry is to be a discipling and faith-forming church for children, youth, and adults, nurturing a thirst to know God’s Word and desire to serve in each member. Established in 1903, our church has a rich history of multi-generational roots and participation. We strive to demonstrate Christian values through worship, study, fellowship and service. We also strive to be an inclusive, warm, and welcoming congregation that grows together spiritually.
Brawley is a farming community in Imperial County located 30 miles north of the Mexican border. Our community faces challenges including food insecurity, homelessness, and poverty. We are committed to following Jesus’ example of using our time, talent and resources to serve members of our own congregation and our community.
The Pastor leads the congregation in life and worship supervising a small staff and moderating the Session with a focus on:
- Worship and Spiritual Development: As a Solo Pastor, lead our church in worship by delivering thought provoking sermons which motivate our members.
- Pastoral Care: In collaboration with the Session, Deacons and Ministry Teams, participate in compassionate and empathetic pastoral care to all members.
- Strategic Leadership: Lead the congregation in developing and implementing strategic and operational plans.
- Administration: Supervise, develop and nurture positive working relationships with staff.
- Governance: Work with the Session in the administration of the church’s affairs as moderator of Session and maintaining relationships with the San Diego Presbytery.
- Finance: Work with the Session to manage the church resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Church Life: Actively participate in the life of the church while maintaining a healthy work life balance.
We are seeking a Pastor with the following gifts for ministry:
- Is a passionate, Spirit filled, gifted and biblically/theologically grounded proclaimer of God’s Word.
- Skilled in pastoral care and counseling.
- The ability to positively relate to all ages—adults, youth and children.
- Administrative gifts to partner with and supervise program and office staff.
- Work collaboratively with Session Elders and Deacons in their respective ministries and encourage and facilitate leadership training.
- Be empathetic and compassionate with the ability to offer comfort to our congregation.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be responsible, reliable and organized.
- Be energetic, outgoing and friendly.
Total compensation package would be between $95,000 and $131,000 per year.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at First Presbyterian Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at First Presbyterian Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of First Presbyterian Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].