Presbyterian Church of Islip (Islip, NY) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Presbyterian Church of Islip (pcislip.org) is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor who will guide the church in the accomplishment of its God-given mission.
PCI’s next Pastor is a leader who will guide the church in the accomplishment of its God-given mission. They will teach, shepherd, disciple, empower, and reach the lost for Christ. Our pastor will demonstrate biblical knowledge and be able to engage with the complex challenges of our modern world. They will encourage each of our regular attenders to acknowledge Christ as Lord and grow in the grace and love of Jesus through strategic discipleship vision. PCI’s next pastor is someone who can be trusted to protect and further our mission, vision, and values, while being empowered to reach our community.
As Head of Staff, they will oversee all aspects of the church. This includes preaching and worship, developing local ministry staff and volunteers, overseeing all systems and processes, discipleship, and care of the church. Our pastor should exhibit a clear love for Christ and His church and be passionate about leading people into a transforming relationship with Jesus.
- Preaching and worship: Uphold the spiritual life of the congregation through preaching. Oversee planning for worship services with a specified team, demonstrating appreciation for a variety of worship styles and formats.
- Strategy Implementation: Orchestrate the movement of the church toward a shared vision. Develop specific strategies to implement the church’s vision for evangelism, discipleship and community.
- Oversee and care of local congregation: Provide pastoral care by developing and leading a team of dedicated lay ministers. Carry out direct pastoral care as situations warrant. Officiate weddings, baptisms/dedications, and funerals.
- Development of lay leaders and staff: Disciple and train lay leadership on the session, ensuring consistency of vision and providing guidance on developing the next generation of leaders. As the Head of Staff, will mentor, provide feedback and training, set appropriate goals, and develop staff in their areas of giftedness. With a specified team, they will develop and administer the overall church budget.
- Spiritual vitality: Commitment to a vital life of faith as evidenced by personal spiritual disciplines. Demonstrates biblical knowledge and understanding of theological context.
- Communication: Preaches effectively and with relevance by connecting scripture, faith, discipleship, and mission to everyday life. Has strong interpersonal and communication skills with passion for working with people across a range of views, needs, and life stages.
- Vision: Strategic thinking with the abilities to create implementation plans and delegate responsibilities to others.
- Organizational Leadership: Contributes to a positive workplace and church culture by working collaboratively and making decisions in a collegial environment. Has a shepherding posture with ability to equip, enable, and motivate others. Is energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and willing to take on challenges.
- Character: Demonstrates personal integrity, discernment, and humility in decision-making and interpersonal interactions.
Total Package: $93,000 which includes a Parsonage
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these three questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor for PCI?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at PCI?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of PCI.
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].