Abounding Grace Ministries
Dear Fellow Believers,
Abounding Grace Ministries, located in Rochester, NH, is looking for God’s chosen person to lead our small congregation. We are affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and began as a congregation in 2010 under the guidance of Higher Ground Baptist Church, constituting in 2013. Our number of attendees has risen up to 80, but presently our average Sunday attendance is approximately 55 adults and children. We have a Tuesday night Bible study and meal with an average attendance of 20/22 people. Our church draws from many of the surrounding communities, including Dover, Somersworth, and Rochester.
We are closely involved with Lydia’s House of Hope, a transitional one year house program for women and their children. These women and children attend our Sunday morning worship service, and a number of the women attend our Tuesday evening Bible study after transitioning out of the program. Our former pastor led a morning Bible study at Lydia’s House of Hope.
We have a strong Children’s ministry on Sunday morning during the sermon portion of worship using the Gospel Project material. The average attendance is 15 children.
We are blessed to be able to worship in the Heritage Chapel of Emmanuel Advent Christian Church on Eastern Avenue each Sunday morning, and to hold our Bible Study at City Blessings Church, also in Rochester.
Attached is our job posting for a pastor. If the Lord is leading you to us, we would love to hear from you.
In His name,
Pastor Search Committee
Abounding Grace Ministries
Pastor Job Description:
Abounding Grace Ministries is a small church of believers (40+) seeking a new pastor to step into the position currently held by our interim pastor.
AGM is prayerfully seeking a pastor called by God with a forward-thinking attitude to lead our congregation in a new season of growth and effective ministry.
The Pastor is responsible to the Church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teach Biblical revelation, engage in pastoral care ministries, and provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life.
- Coordinate and plan with worship and ministry leaders; conduct weekly worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in the observance of ordinances.
- Provide oversight and direction to all ministries of the church.
- Build momentum and growth for the church by providing visionary pastoral leadership and setting attainable short-term and long-term goals.
- Cultivate and train the church body for leadership and ministry roles.
- Develop the lay leaders to biblically serve the church through monthly meetings.
- Visit and minister to members and guests.
- Keep the church informed of budgetary needs.
- Perform weddings and funerals for members as requested.
Potential future responsibilities:
- Lead and manage staff by conducting ministry staff meetings.
- Nurture, shepherd, and lead the ministry staff.
- In conjunction with the Church Council, conduct job performance evaluations for staff member(s) and provide clear direction and vision-casting to staff as a whole.
- Full agreement and compliance with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- A seminary graduate is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a pastoral leadership role preferred.
- Meets the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ with a commitment to spiritual health and maturity.
- Has a passion for the church, evangelism, discipleship, and missions.
- Loves preaching and teaching the gospel.
Part-Time (Salary: $18,000-$20,000)
Location: Rochester, NH
How To Apply
A letter of interest, resume, including experience appropriate to the position.
Qualified candidates will be considered.
Please send a completed resume to: [email protected].