Full-time Pastor Position
Purpose: The pastor will provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the members of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church. The pastor will assist the congregation so that it may fulfill its mission and purpose as the body of Christ. The pastor will preach, teach, and administer the sacraments.
Qualifications: Master of Divinity degree, certification from the LCMC (Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ).
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the church Council. The following constitute the major responsibilities of the Pastor:
- To regularly preach and teach the Word of God and administer the sacraments to the congregation.
- To officiate at special services such as weddings, funerals, and other special services.
- Lead confirmation/affirmation of Baptism classes.
- Collaborate with the Music & Worship Committee to integrate music into worship and other areas of the congregation.
- Work with the Social Cares & Concerns Committee to implement ministries that reach out to the unchurched, inactive members and new residents of our community with the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To welcome new members into the congregation and provide a welcoming environment that teaches the purpose and mission of Jesus Christ.
- Encourage all committees of the church to conduct their work with an emphasis on welcoming others to participate in the mission work of Christ.
General Pastoral Responsibilities
- Provide pastoral care through visitation, counseling, and prayer.
- Make appropriate referrals when necessary and quickly respond to crisis situations.
- Facilitate a learning environment for the children, youth, and adults in the congregation.
This position may require your services beyond your regular scheduled hours.
- Work with the Stewardship Committee to promote, educate and advocate responsible Biblical stewardship in the congregation.
- Oversee and promote congregational benevolence and mission by meeting community needs as they arise.
- To support, supervise, manage, and evaluate with the church Council, the staff of the congregation.
- Participate in screening and hiring of non-ordained staff. Help to build a sense of teamwork with the staff by facilitating communication.
- To serve as a representative on the church Council, in addition to serving as an “ex officio” member on all committees (Music & Worship, Properties & Maintenance, Congregational Ministries, Christian Education, and Social Cares & Concerns).
Starting salary: $60,000 – $72,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits, medical insurance, paid sick leave, continuing education, and vacation to be negotiated.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please email the following to [email protected], and type “ATTENTION CALL COMMITTEE” in the subject line:
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (from people who are not related to you)
- Website address to view your recent sermon online *
* If your recent sermon is not available to view online, please send a copy of the sermon by mail or file upload:
Mail thumb drive to:
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
Attention: Call Committee
PO Box 141862
Spokane Valley, WA 99214-1862
Send email to: [email protected]
Subject line: Call Committee
Message: Please email me instructions on how to upload a file of my recent sermon.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Squeaky May at (509) 951-7512 or Marcia Taes at (509) 928-7402.