Hillcrest Baptist Church (Richmond, CA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Hillcrest Baptist Church (hillcrestbaptist.net) is a Southern Baptist Church seeking a pastor to preach the Word of God, shepherd the church and reach the community for the glory of God.
Pastor Job Description
We, the members of Hillcrest Baptist Church, Richmond, California, are seeking a God- appointed pastor to lead our congregation and provide spiritual leadership and pastoral care. We are a multicultural, multiracial church of approximately 100 members, enjoying a blended style of praise and worship. We are a mission-minded congregation looking for God’s man to lead us into the future. We are seeking a Godly, caring individual with a loving Shepherd’s heart and a vision for discipleship, and evangelism, with good interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills. This entails serving as chief administrator and overseeing the administrative functions of the church. The pastor will deliver sermons, oversee prayer groups, and develop programs that exemplify and encourage steadfast faith, love, and obedience to Christ. The pastor will also plan community activities and assist with outreach efforts. The pastor will be a public representative and must have a deep understanding and passion for the Word of God. This is a full-time position.
Our church’s mission statement:
“Hillcrest Baptist Church exists to magnify Jesus by declaring His Glory, sharing His salvation, preparing His disciples, bearing with one another and caring for others.”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The pastor should prepare Biblical sermons by prayer, study, and mediation.
- By researching and writing about how to present Bible lessons to the congregation to meet their spiritual needs.
- He should help the church ministry by attending to administrative duties.
- The pastor is responsible for being the positive, spiritual leader of Hillcrest Baptist Church.
- Meets with members of our congregation to help strengthen their faith and overcome significant life changes and challenges.
- Officiates at special occasions in the lives of the congregation, such as, weddings, baptisms and funerals.
- Communicates with church leaders to implement new policies and worship themes.
- Assists with community outreach; oversees prayer or Bible study groups, develops programs to encourage personal spiritual growth.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be mature and devoted to a deeply-rooted prayer life and called by God to preach the Word of God.
- Have a strong faith and desire to help others.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written to inform, persuade, and comfort congregation members, the public and media.
- Excellent relationship building, communication, and social media skills.
- Seeks opportunities to help our local community by leading community projects.
- Counsels and comforts church members in times of crisis; and must respect church member’s privacy during and after pastoral counseling.
- Project management and organization skills.
- Strong moral character to model a good religious example to the congregation.
- Thorough knowledge of the Old and New Testaments–Biblical interpretation of the testaments.
- Oversees the annual church budget; analyzes special projects; and recommends fund allocations.
- Informs, leads, and comforts the congregation.
- Counsels and helps various congregation members whether they are mourning the loss of a loved one or celebrating the birth of a new child.
- Conducts home and hospital visits to the elderly, shut-ins, sick or injured congregants and their families to pray with them and provide support.
- Must be patent and hospitable.
- Works well with people of all ages, ethnic and cultural groups.
- Awareness of and respect for cultural and racial differences.
- Is energetic, creative, flexible and patient.
- Experiences in bridging the church with the community and the community with the church.
- Plans outreach events in the community.
- Bachelor degree or higher in theology or pastoral work; or Master of Divinity from an accredited theological school or a seminary.
- Proficiency with the basics in social work in working with congregation members who are in crisis and who need counseling.
Commensurate with experience. Salary will be set appropriate to the experience and training of the individual selected for the position.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description, the church website and the longer pastoral profile. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Hillcrest Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Hillcrest Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the Statement of Faith of Hillcrest Baptist Church and the Baptist Faith and Message?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].