Oak Lawn Community Baptist Church is a traditional American Baptist church located in the city of Cranston, Rhode Island. We maintain partnerships with American Baptist Churches, USA and American Baptist Churches of Rhode Island.
We look forward to the next chapter of faith and ministry of God’s church as people of Oak Lawn. We are thankful for the firm foundation that gives us hope for God’s ministry through us for many years to come.
Our basis for hope includes:
- A congregation with a strong faith in Jesus Christ.
- A theological understanding that is progressive and able to be relevant today and in the future.
- A congregation that listens to their heart and thinks with their head in all that they do.
- Groups, activities, and programs that allow for learning and fellowship.
- The congregation seeks to partner with our next Pastor to help us lead faithful lives as individuals and as a church.
We seek the following qualities in our next Pastor:
- Licensed and ordained minister of the Gospel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 3-5 years of ministry experience preferred, but new graduates are welcome to apply as well
Responsibilities of our Pastor:
- Preaching: Support the preaching ministry with time for preparation/reflection on the Word, and commitment to listen for the Word\’s power and its implications for individuals, the church, the community and the world.
- Worship preparation and leading: Participate actively in worship, offering feedback and suggestions for greater participation and effectiveness in the expression of praise, thanksgiving and devotion to God.
- Pastoral care: Provide by word and presence an empathetic understanding of and concern for persons in the routine and joys as well as the crises and transitions of life, giving assistance where appropriate and feasible.
- Spiritual life development: Provide opportunities for individuals or groups to understand and enhance the spiritual dimensions of their personal lives.
- Interpreting the faith: Communicate a comprehensive understanding of the Bible and Christian theology in terms relevant to people’s lives. Lead the Church in discerning a shared sense of purpose.
- Visitation: Make formal and informal connections with church members or others in their homes or in other settings.
- Church growth: Facilitate leadership development, particularly among younger members of the Church.
- Nurturing fellowship: Create an atmosphere in which persons feel accepted, included, cared for and can identify with the group.
- Technology: Being comfortable with using technology, such as social media, email, web technologies.
- Change: Help manage the anxieties of the Church around change, including evaluating existing structures and practices.
How To Apply
To inquire about this position, please contact:
Rev. Dr. Courtny Davis Olds at [email protected] from ABCORI (American Baptist Churches of Rhode Island).