Grace Baptist Church is seeking a Pastor who will lead us in carrying out God’s purpose and mission for His church. The mission of Grace Baptist Church is to reach our community for Christ through living by faith.
Candidate Qualifications (Personal Qualities)
1. Regenerated follower of Jesus Christ
2. Meets Elder qualifications of 1 Tim. 3 and Titus 1
3. Strong leader who inspires others
4. Hardworking, energetic
5. Strong interpersonal skills
6. Humble character and disposition
7. Mature, wise, and discerning in Christian character
8. Strategic, organized
1. Strong expository preaching.
2. Able to recruit and manage ministry leaders.
3. Able to communicate effectively, in all forms.
4. Able to deal constructively with crisis and conflict.
5. Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited theological school and be willing to pursue and MDiv or further education and training.
6. Have 5 or more years experience in church ministry.
1. Must agree with, and embrace, both publicly and privately, the GBC doctrinal statement, membership covenant, Philosophy of Ministry, and Our Core Pillars.
2. He must embrace GBC’s views of reformed theology, baptism by immersion, complementarianism, understanding of biblical marriage, and elder-led form of governance.
The role of the Pastor is to team up with the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. He is primarily responsible for overseeing the spiritual, strategic and operational needs of the church, working closely with the Elders. His duties include the teaching of Scripture, ministering to the congregation, implementing the vision, and directing missions and outreach ministries.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provide spiritual leadership to the congregation through biblically sound preaching, discipleship, and exemplifying godly character.
2. Demonstrate competency and excellence in the study of the scriptures, church leadership and organization, and equipping people to be disciples.
3. Preach and teach God’s word with the purpose of individual and corporate spiritual growth and maturity in Christ.
4. Shepherd and provide directional leadership to the church in cooperation with the Board of Elders.
5. Strategic Church leadership-works with the Elders to further develop and implement the vision for the church into the church’s culture.
6. In concert with the Elders, build an effective methodology for translating church vision and strategy into actionable ministries.
7. Conduct Weddings, funerals, and provide for the observances of the church ordinances.
8. Support and participate in an annual review of church ministries (Prov. 27:17)
- We have a stable but reduced membership in need of a rebuilding program
- We are located in North Vernon, Indiana
- Our Sanctuary seats 150 people
- We could offer 6-12 months on-campus free housing (you would only pay utilities)
- $50k/year compensation with annual compensation package review
- Follow us on Facebook: gracebaptistnv
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Grace Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Grace Baptist Church.
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Grace Baptist Church.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].