First Baptist Church of Lacey (Lacey, WA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
First Baptist Church of Lacey (fbclacey.com) is seeking a Pastor to imitate Christ and live in a manner that exemplifies godly character. One who will passionately preach and teach the Word of God, conveying its truth in a clear, gracious, and loving manner.
Our goals include loving God, seeking the lost, sharing Jesus Christ, and strengthening believers. We also have a heart for missions work here in our community and around the country and the world. We offer on a small scale activities and programs for all ages, including age-based Bible Study classes, worship services, prayer meetings, book studies, new member classes, and mission activities. We are exploring new ways of reaching out to serve our community.
FBCL believes Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The Bible is the authority and we practice our faith based on the Truth of the Scriptures. We believe each Christian has direct access to God through Jesus Christ. We have two ordinances baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper. Our emphasis is on missions and evangelism.
FBCL currently has approximately 50 members. Our pastor retired in July, 2022 after serving our church for 20 years. Our small church became smaller through deaths, people moving out of the area and the impact of Covid 19 as some did not return. Since our pastor left, we have made many structural changes to our church in anticipation of bringing in new families. We wanted to make God’s house look inviting as well as utilizing the space to accommodate various age groups with classroom space.
Lacey is a city in Thurston County, Washington, USA. It is a suburb of Olympia, the state capital. Lacey is located along interstate 5 between Olympia and the Nisqually River, which marks the border with Pierce County and Joint Base Lewis-McChord. It is also home to Saint Martin’s University, Charter College and Thurston County’s larges school district, North Thurston Public Schools. It is home to various faith based schools. Lacey’s centralization and dedicated green spaces have especially set the city apart with an extensive public park and trail system. It is located an hour away from both the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountain Range, and bordering Puget Sound. It offers opportunities for hiking, mountain climbing, kayaking, and other outdoor activities year-round.
One who will passionately preach and teach the Word of God, conveying its truth in a clear, gracious, and loving manner. Some of the duties of our pastor would include officiating at weddings and funerals, visiting the sick and shut-ins, shepherding members through counseling and prayer, and planning and participating in evangelism and outreach efforts. It would include working closely with our deacons training and leading them in their ministry as spiritual leaders within the church; helping members discover and utilize their spiritual gifts for the kingdom of God; supervise and assist the current Music Director and potentially a Youth Pastor, in the execution of their duties; and oversee the daily administration and operation of the church.
- Imitate Christ! Live and serve in a manner that exemplifies godly character.
- Passionately preach and teach the Word of God, conveying its truth in a clear, gracious and loving manner.
- Officiate wedding and funeral ceremonies.
- Visit the sick and shut-in who are unable to attend services.
- Shepherd members; counseling and praying with them.
- Oversee the Sunday school and Discipleship programs.
- Plan and participate in evangelism and outreach efforts.
- Help members discover and use their spiritual gifts for the kingdom of God.
- Supervise and assist the future Youth Pastor and Worship Pastor in the execution of their duties.
- Work closely with deacons; training and leading them in their ministry as spiritual leaders within the church.
- Oversee the daily administration/operation of the church.
An agreed salary and benefits package based on experience and qualifications starting at $54,000 with future salary increases dependent on church growth. Retirement, workers compensation and insurance paid by the church. Parsonage located on the property is also available if needed.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description, the church website and the longer pastoral profile. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at FBCL?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of FBCL?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of FBCL and the Baptist Faith & Message 2000.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].