Blacklick Creek Christian Church (Vintondale, PA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Blacklick Creek Christian Church (www.blacklickcreekchristian.org) is prayerfully searching for a full-time Pastor.
The responsibilities of a pastor are derived from the authority given in ordination. Pastors have a fourfold ministry of Word, Sacrament, Order, and Service and thus serve in the local church and in extension ministries in witness and service of Christ’s love and justice. Pastors are authorized to preach and teach the Word, to provide pastoral care and counsel, to administer the sacraments, and to order the life of the church for service in mission and ministry as a pastor.
Word and ecclesial acts:
- To preach the Word of God, lead in worship, read and teach the Scriptures, and engage the people in study and witness.
- To ensure faithful transmission of the Christian faith.
- To lead people in discipleship and evangelistic outreach that others might come to know Christ and to follow him.
- To counsel persons with personal, ethical, or spiritual struggles.
- Hold dedicated scheduled office hours for the purpose of making appointments.
- To perform the ecclesial acts of marriage and burial.
- To perform the marriage ceremony after due counsel with the parties involved and in accordance with the laws of the state and the rules of the Blacklick Creek Christian Church. The decision to perform the ceremony shall be the right and responsibility of the pastor.
- To conduct funeral and memorial services and provide care and grief counseling.
- To visit in the homes of the church and the community, especially among the sick, aged, imprisoned, and others in need.
- To maintain all confidences inviolate, including confessional confidences except in the cases of suspected child abuse or neglect, or in cases where mandatory reporting is required by civil law.
- To administer the sacraments of baptism and the Supper of the Lord according to Christ’s ordinance.
- To prepare the parents and sponsors before baptizing infants or children and instruct them concerning the significance of baptism and their responsibilities for the Christian training of the baptized child.
- To encourage reaffirmation of the baptismal covenant and renewal of baptismal vows at different stages of life.
- To encourage people baptized in infancy or early childhood to make their profession of faith, after instruction, so that they might become professing members of the church.
- To explain the meaning of the Lord’s Supper and to encourage regular participation as a means of grace to grow in faith and holiness.
- To select and train deacons and lay members to serve the consecrated communion elements.
- To encourage the private and congregational use of the other means of grace.
To be the administrative officer of the local church and to assure that the organizational concerns of the congregation are adequately provided for.
- To give pastoral support, guidance, and training to the lay leadership, equipping them to fulfill the ministry to which they are called.
- To give oversight to the educational program of the church.
- To be responsible for organizational faithfulness, goal setting, planning and evaluation.
- To search out and counsel men and women for the ministry of deacons, pastors, local pastors, and other church related ministries.
- To model and promote faithful financial stewardship and to encourage giving as a spiritual discipline by teaching the biblical principles of giving.
- To lead the congregation in the fulfillment of its mission to make disciples of all people.
- To care for all church records and local church financial obligations, and certify the accuracy of all financial, membership, and any other reports.
- To be willing to assume supervisory responsibilities within the connection.
- To be actively involved with youth ministries and outreach ministries.
- To embody the teachings of Jesus in servant ministries and servant leadership.
- To give diligent pastoral leadership in ordering the life of the congregation for discipleship in the world.
- To build the body of Christ as a caring and giving community, extending the ministry of Christ to the world.
- To participate in community, ecumenical, and interreligious concerns and to encourage the people to become so involved and to pray and labor for the unity of the Christian community.
$40,000 Salary plus Parsonage
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Blacklick Creek Christian Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Blacklick Creek Christian Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Blacklick Creek Christian Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].