This is a Full-time Position
The Peoples Baptist Church of Boston (PBC), organized in 1805, the oldest African American Baptist Church in New England is seeking a full-time Pastor, Chief Administrator and Leader divinely called by God to shepherd His people (Jeremiah 3:15). As a Christ-Centered Caring Church, we believe that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church. The candidate who God sends to pastor PBC will exhibit a deep understanding and devotion to the Scriptures, and will have a heart for God, His word, and people, serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for Pastor.
How To Apply
How to Apply
To be considered, all applicants must complete our online application by selecting the link below.
Submit any questions or required documents by email to: [email protected]
Prior to any final offer of employment, candidates will be required to take and pass a drug screening. The Search Committee will also complete a thorough background check, which will minimally include:
- Character reference checks
- Community reputation assessment
- Criminal records check (CORI)
- Sex Offender clearance (SORI)
- Credit History check
All interested and qualified persons must submit an initial candidate package consisting of the following information:
- Cover letter (reason for applying and Ministerial Question response – see application for more information).
- Completed application.
- Current resume detailing relevant ministry, professional, and educational experience.
- Four letters of recommendation (two clergy, one professional, and one personal).
- Links to Two sermons preached within the past six months.
- Current Color Photograph (professional headshot preferred).
If deemed eligible, you will need to provide:
- Copies of ordination certificates from denomination(s).
- Official transcripts of degree(s), including any educational training and/or classes taken, transmitted by the respective Universities or Seminaries.
Please note, additional information may be required if selected for an interview.
All materials submitted will be kept confidential regardless of medium and will NOT be returned.