Grace Church (Abbotsford, BC) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Grace Church (graceabbotsford.com) is seeking a Pastor who has a passion for Jesus and is committed to sound Bible teaching and preaching.
Grace Church is a congregation of about 120-150 located in Abbotsford, BC. It desires to be a growing, multi-generational church. The Pastor will model and teach others to disciple well and have a genuine desire to connect relationally with people. Godly character and a desire to discern and follow God’s leading are essential. A deep passion for reaching the lost and marginalized people of the world should be evident. He should be gifted in speaking and moving people to action. Among other things, the incoming Senior Pastor will continue to cultivate a culture and lifestyle of prayer within the body, discerning God’s direction for the church together with the congregation. He will teach others how to disciple well and, in the process, develop and raise up new leaders, recast vision and stir up commitment to advancing the mission and vision of Grace Church.
Overall, the Senior Pastor will provide general spiritual oversight, comprehensive leadership to pastoral care of the congregation and overall guidance of church ministries, staff and lay leadership of the church.
Grace Church is affiliated with the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (FEBC).
- Demonstrate a clear commitment and personal loyalty to Jesus Christ.
- Exhibit consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, and the biblical leadership qualifications described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agree with the Statement of Faith, By-Laws and Position Statements of Grace Church.
- Established track record of strong biblical preaching with a mature understanding of the Scriptures.
- Demonstrated success leading multiple staff within a growing, multigenerational church. Must possess organizational and administrative abilities.
- Capable of effective delegation, leadership development and interpersonal relationships.
- While a Master of Divinity degree is preferred, consideration will be given to candidates with a minimum of a diploma/degree in Biblical Studies (or equivalent). The successful candidate must demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and personal and professional development.
- Senior pastoral ministry experience (5+ years, preferred) in a medium-sized church context.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Grace church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Grace Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Grace Church and the FEBC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].