Westport Baptist Church (Westport, IN) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Westport Baptist Church (westportbaptistchurch.org) is seeking a full time Senior Pastor who is a licensed and ordained Baptist Minister.
The Westport Baptist Church of Westport, Indiana is an established American Baptist Church. Westport Baptist Church is located in the small Southeastern Indiana town of Westport. WBC’s main building is 10,000 square feet built in 1915. WBC’s motto is “Seeking, Sharing, Serving” the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The candidate must be born again and called by God to preach the gospel. The candidate must also be a believer who has been baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as prescribed in Matthew 28:19 and is a current member of a Holy Bible Believing Church. The candidate will be responsible to God and the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to teach the Scriptures, provide Christian leadership in all areas of the church, and engage in pastoral care for the congregation. The candidate must possess the ability to lead the church in an effective program of witnessing in a caring manner for individuals in the church and the community. The candidate must also be able to engage and encourage the church’s support for discipleship, evangelism, membership retention, and membership growth efforts. The candidate must also possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the total program of the church. The candidate must be prepared to commit to an agreed upon in-church weekly work schedule. The candidate must come highly recommended by other pastors and church leaders. The candidate must also successfully pass a thorough academic, professional, criminal, financial, and credit background check.
- Born-Again Christian; Called by God to Preach.
- Committed to God’s Word (In Words, Deeds, and Actions).
- Live a lifestyle characterized by moral integrity; Demonstrates a love for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Meet the pastoral qualifications outlined in I Timothy 3.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the Baptist Doctrine and possess the ability to preach effectively from the Holy Scripture.
- Possess effective administrative and leadership skills
- Demonstrates the commitment and ability to design and achieve a plan to fully engage the church in support of discipleship, evangelism, membership retention, membership growth, and community outreach efforts.
- Received a ministerial ordination and license from an accredited organization recognized by Westport Baptist Church.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of consecutive Senior or Associate pastoral experience.
- Degree and/or extensive training from a sound Bible College, Seminary, or School of Theology/Divinity.
- Committed to continued growth as a pastor, as well as, formal pastoral training, education, and professional development.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Westport Baptist Church preference is for the candidate to be married.
- If married, candidate must demonstrate a commitment to Christ and their family and his wife an active part of church ministry.
- Must consent to and pass a thorough academic, professional, criminal, financial, and credit background check.
- Paid Vacation/Sabbatical.
- Competitive Salary (Negotiated Upon Selection) $55,000-$65,000.
- Retirement Plan (Negotiated Upon Selection).
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church’s website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Westport Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Westport Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Westport Baptist Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].