Christ Fellowship (Franklin, TN) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Christ Fellowship (christfellowship.com) is seeking a full-time Pastor.
Pastor/Primary Teaching Elder Job Summary
We are a nondenominational church with a strong Bible teaching emphasis and are accustomed to an expository teaching style. We are looking for a full-time pastor/primary teaching elder to serve our church located in Franklin, Tennessee which is a part of the greater Nashville area. Christ Fellowship is composed of approximately 125 people including children and youth each Sunday morning and we host a Spanish service pastored by Mario Guaderramo which is composed of approximately 25 people including children and youth each Sunday afternoon. We are committed to raising up strong followers of Jesus through our ministry to children and youth. In addition, we have a very active AWANA ministry and we have always been active in missions with a number of people from our body committing to serve Christ vocationally in mission work. We are elder led and we expect the person we hire to become an elder and serve in that capacity with our current elders. Our mission is to make disciples and equip them to fulfill God’s plan for their lives by seeking a deeper relationship with Him; our vision is to reach people, restore relationships, and equip believers. We do so by creating a welcoming environment where we can learn about God and mature in our faith.
Pastor Duties and Responsibilities
This person will serve as our pastor/primary teaching elder and responsible for delivering on average two to three Sunday morning messages per month. He will be responsible along with the other elders to shepherd the body and oversee its spiritual growth and development which includes adults, youth and children.
He needs to be equipped/gifted as a shepherd/teacher and be well trained in the Scriptures. He will be responsible to work with and effectively communicate with the elders, the staff (all of whom are part-time or volunteer), the deacons, and the congregation. He should be comfortable working with people in one-on-one settings, small group settings, and congregational settings. He will be expected to work in and with the local community as part of our outreach to those who need to know Jesus. He will be responsible for sharing administrative and operational duties with his fellow elders and the deacons.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience as a pastor (or relevant experience).
- Prefer a Master of Theology (ThM); MDiv will be considered.
- A good grasp of the Spanish language and culture is a plus but not required.
- Must agree with and have a mastery of humbly and graciously teaching others these core doctrines:
- The Trinity.
- The full deity and humanity of Christ.
- The spiritually lost condition of the human race.
- The substitutionary atonement and bodily resurrection of Christ.
- Salvation by faith alone in Christ alone.
- The physical return of Christ.
- The authority and inerrancy of Scripture.
- Full-time Salary:
- Negotiable per qualifications and experience.
- Housing allowance included in salary.
- Benefits Package:
- Health Insurance (partially subsidized if needed).
- Resource allowance.
- Relocation compensation available.
- Paid time off.
How To Apply
Please review this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit for Christ Fellowship?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Christ Fellowship?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Christ Fellowship?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].