International Baptist Church (Hong Kong) – Pastor
The Big Picture
International Baptist Hong Kong (http://www.ibc.org.hk) is seeking a full-time Pastor.
International Baptist Church Hong Kong (IBC HK) opened its doors in 1958, serving a truly international community from all corners of the world. Our Vision is “To glorify God as one caring community of disciples” and our Mission is “To establish and unite caring communities within IBC, Hong Kong and beyond which are rooted in the Word of God, the love of Christ, the fellowship of the Holy Spirit” through transformational discipleship, prayer and worship.
IBC has been and remains a family style church, believing in raising the next generation of Christ followers on the biblical truth, so that they will be ready and equipped to engage the world with a Christian worldview, having a purposeful mind of proclaiming the Gospel. A newcomer to the church would expect to see an inclusive and welcoming congregation who do life together and grow with each other in God’s word through worship and LIFE (Living In Faith Everyday) Groups each Sunday and intimate Small Community Groups on weekdays.
What We Believe
As a Baptist church our belief is based on the “Baptist Faith and Message”. Basically, we believe
- God created mankind. But mankind has been separated from God since the beginning because of sin and therefore subject to death, God’s wrath and eternal punishment.
- God loves us all and sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, the earthly incarnation of God born of a virgin, who died in our place on the cross, and was raised on the third day for our salvation, i.e., for the forgiveness of our sins and reconciliation with God for eternal life.
- Salvation is a free gift offered to all who repent and believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- In thanksgiving we love Him and love one another.
- God is One being whom we know and experience as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Bible is the divinely inspired and inerrant Word of God.
- God speaks to us through the Bible and His Holy Spirit.
Principle Role of the Pastor
The pastor is responsible to the church to serve the Kingdom of God, to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to equip the congregation for the work of the ministry, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to intercede on behalf of the church community, and to give oversight to the paid staff.
- Plan and conduct the worship services in coordination with the Worship Team and other ministry team members; prepare and deliver sermons; lead in observance of ordinances.
- Lead the Church in partnership with the deacons as a united team of church leaders in proclaiming the Gospel of Christ, in making disciples, and in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
- Lead the church’s prayer ministry with the Prayer Ministry Team and actively pray for the church, its members and the Hong Kong Community.
- Visit members and prospects, especially the sick in homes and hospitals.
- Counsel church members where appropriate and if the need arises; perform wedding ceremonies; conduct funerals and baptisms, when and where the need arises.
- Work with deacons, church officers/staff, and ministry teams as they perform their assigned responsibilities, lead and counsel the deacons in biblical servant leadership and in the care ministry of church families.
- Act as moderator of church business meetings and take part in church leadership meetings.
- Maintain a network relationship with associational, community, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern; keep the church informed of denominational development; represent the church in civic matters where applicable.
- Maintain with care all properties and items provided by the Church for the pastor’s use.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at IBCHK?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of IBCHK?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of IBCHK?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to [email protected].