Congdon Street Baptist Church is seeking a part-time pastor to lead a congregation of approximately 50, who are passionate about following Christ and have a vision with the leadership qualities to carry it out.
The chief responsibility of the pastor shall be the advancement of the Kingdom of God through worship, teaching, preaching, community outreach and service, evangelism, missionary services, Christian education, and the empowerment of the members. The pastor shall seek to enlist people into the family of God, educate them to Christian maturity, equip them to cultivate their gifts, empower them as church workers for Christian service in the world, and edify God and His Kingdom.
- Must be anointed by God to deliver the gospel message of redemption and growth with the depth, understanding and authority.
- An advanced degree from an Association of Theological Schools (ATS)-accredited seminary.
- Ordained to the Gospel Ministry.
- At least three years’ experience in the ministry as a pastor or equivalent experience.
- Experience in church leadership, planning, and management.
- Have theology that will be consistent with traditional Baptist beliefs.
- Ability to demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ to others with an open and caring spirit.
- Excellent counseling and interpersonal skills.
- Strong preaching and teaching.
How To Apply
Send resume and letter of application to:
Rev. Kathryn Palen
American Baptist Churches of Rhode Island
54 Exeter Road, Exeter, RI 02822