Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church (Hollidaysburg, PA) – Senior Pastor
The Big Picture
Vicksburg Grace Brethren Church located in central Pennsylvania (vicksburgchurch.com) is actively seeking a full time Senior Pastor. Vicksburg is a small congregation of approximately 50 regular attendees and has a rich history of a being a warm, friendly, and welcoming church. We have been the church “up on the hill” at the end of Brooks Boulevard for a long, long time. We began in 1886 as the Mountain Home Brethren Church and have been an important part of the lives of many people throughout this area. We are looking for a pastor who will lead and provide fresh vision, direction, and leadership.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have, maintain, and exhibit a passionate, intimate, and right relationship with Jesus Christ and glorify God whether in public or in private.
- Fulfill the scriptural qualifications found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Have a seminary degree.
- Be in agreement with and committed to the Grace Brethren Statement of Faith.
- Be seeking a church where he can stay for a lifelong ministry.
- Shepherd, guard, have and exhibit a deep love for the people of our church and be able to care for them by knowing their hurts and needs and seek to show God’s love, grace, and compassion which includes periodic visitation and outreach.
- Will commit himself to much time in prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Be an excellent communicator of God’s Word through sound Bible teaching and preaching and do so with clarity and application to daily life.
- Be family oriented and, if married, have a healthy marriage and a supportive wife who is involved in his ministry.
- Commit to full time ministry at Vicksburg Grace Brethren.
- Exhibit an appreciation of a variety of Christian music (traditional hymns, contemporary worship songs, etc.).
- Be free from self-interest, not perfect, but a man of integrity who is spirit led.
- Have a passion to reach the lost by equipping the saints to share their faith.
- Possess the administrative skills to effectively manage the affairs of the church.
Our compensation package is $50K, we own a parsonage, it is next door to the church.
The parsonage has a living room, kitchen, dining room (with a wood burner built into the fireplace), and an office on the first floor, plus a half bath. There are three bedrooms on the second floor, with a full bath and a 3/4 bath off the master bedroom. A full finished basement (from the 1970’s), a half bath plus a basement under the attached 2 car garage.
We, the church take care of most if not all of the expenses.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at VGBC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of VGBC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of VGBC.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].