Seeking Pastor for the International Baptist Church of Zurich
The International Baptist Church of Zürich (IBCZ), an English-speaking Christian fellowship
located in Rüschlikon, Switzerland is seeking a man of God as a full-time pastor.
We are a family-oriented elder-led church with a congregation drawn from numerous
countries, cultures, and denominational backgrounds. We have a weekly attendance
between 80 and 100 that come from all over the Canton of Zürich and the surrounding
regions. At IBCZ, the applicant must be prepared to servant-lead, work, and walk alongside
a plurality of lay elders as a fellow elder. The elders work together and are supported by the
diaconate and various ministry leaders.
Required skills and experience:
- Baptist-ordained pastor.
- Holds a Masters of Divinity degree (or equivalent) from an accredited seminary.
- A minimum of 10 years of ministry experience.
- Pastoral experience in at least two churches, including one senior/solo pastor
- At least one pastoral position in an international church.
- Experienced and gifted in preaching and teaching the Word of God.
- Fluent in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills.
- German language level B1 or equivalent prior to the start of the position
- Called by God and Spirit-led.
- Holds evangelical/conservative beliefs.
- Pastor, counsellor, and shepherd who is approachable and hospitable.
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with families and individuals within the church
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Has a heart for his church and a passion to preach.
- As a solo pastor, is self-motivated and energetic
- Regularly nurtures his relationship with God through prayer, scripture study and
- Possess the qualifications and qualities described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1 5:9,
and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and develop leaders.
- A team player that collaborates well with others.
- Passionate and invested in leading the congregation in spiritual growth.
- Married with children or strong experience in relating to families and children.
- Preaches on Sundays.
- Leads Communion.
- Leads prayer meetings.
- Coordinates with the various ministries to plan the worship services.
- Teaches in various settings, e.g. Bible studies, membership classes, baptism
classes, and pre-marital classes.
- Conducts weddings, baptisms, and funerals.
- Visits the elderly and the sick.
- Performs certain administrative tasks with the support of the elders, deacons, and
What we offer:
- A loving, lively, committed church family.
- Compensation according to local terms and conditions.
- A furnished 3-bedroom (4-rooms incl living room) apartment 5 KM or 10 minutes by
car from the church (rent not included in salary).
- Visa sponsorship for non-Swiss/EU applicants.
- Allowance for training and leadership development.
- Pastoral ministry expenses.
- Contribution towards the Swiss pension system (50% IBCZ, 50% employee).
- Annual home leave travel expenses.
- Church car, fuel, and related expenses.
- Public Transport Fee-reduction card (Halbtax).
- 25 days of vacation (plus federal holidays).
- Please note, the church is not able to provide school tuition expenses.
We anticipate a starting date during the summer of 2023.