Faith Reformed Church (Alliance) (Wisconsin Rapids, WI) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Faith Reformed Church (rapidsfaithreformed.org) is seeking a full-time Pastor who will care for the church and preach the Word of God.
The last few years have brought Faith Reformed Church (FRC) some new, unexpected changes. Just as it has impacted so many other churches throughout the country, COVID-19 has challenged us to continue being the Church despite new protocols and limitations. Many of our church programs, gatherings, and activities that had been put on hold are back and functioning at this time. The number of people attending our Sunday morning worship services has been slowly returning to pre-COVID levels, and our online presence has grown. As a church, we still believe that God is in control. We are seeing this as an opportunity to explore new potential ministries and new possibilities for how we effectively function. Though it seems a bit like foreign territory for many of us, we are excited to continue putting our faith in God and seeing where He is leading us as a church through this.
Faith Reformed Church had previously been part of the Reformed Church in America (RCA) denomination. Given the results of the RCA General Synod Meeting in October 2021 regarding the Vision 2020 Report and Recommendations, FRC left the RCA and joined the denomination of Alliance of Reformed Churches (Alliance) in March 2022. To be clear, we believe that any form of sexual immorality is not in accordance with holy living according to Scripture (Matthew 15:18-20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10). We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated by Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18 and 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
We are searching for a pastor with a strong commitment to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, who consistently maintains a growing relationship with Him. Since promoting biblical truth is germane to the position, our pastor is expected to uphold biblical standards in both their private and public lives. Ideally, the candidate for this position will have the gifts of visionary leadership, biblical teaching, relational understanding and communication, and the ability to motivate others into action using the gifts given to them through the Holy Spirit. This person will be able to build upon the work Faith Reformed Church (FRC) has put into developing our Vision Framework — helping to guide our church toward God’s preferred future while also understanding our current reality. He will also align with our vision “To glorify God and put love into action, by intentionally connecting with, embracing, and serving our community.”
- Be a growing disciple of Christ and engaged in regular spiritual growth and disciplines including personal devotions, worship attendance, prayer, solitude, etc.
- Possess a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary or have a Bachelor’s degree in religious study and equivalent experience.
- Be, or able to become, an ordained minister of the Gospel within the Alliance.
- The Alliance requires that ordained pastors will be expected to affirm the Alliance organizational convictions as found at http://www.arc21.org.
- The Alliance intends to honor ordinations from other denominations provided the person requesting transfer agrees to affirm the organizational convictions.
- Salary (negotiable): $40,000-$46,000
- Housing Allowance: $12,000
- Annuity: $ 5,000
- Insurance (Health, Life, LTD): $24,000
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Faith Reformed Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Faith Reformed Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Faith Reformed Church and Alliance?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].