Purpose of Position
Provide spiritual leadership to the church body through worship, prayer, scriptural teaching, training, and a lifestyle that models spiritual maturity and ongoing growth.
The First Baptist Church of Bedford, MA is an outreaching congregation of believers who are seeking to live out the challenge from Jesus to love and serve God and love and serve people within the communities in and surrounding Bedford.
We are looking for a part-time ordained minister, to bring leadership to our church, who will work with the Ministry Team, Diaconate, and the staff team to provide leadership, vision, and strength to the life and growth of the church.
To take on this exciting challenge you will:
- Have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Have an authentic pastoral heart for people.
- Be an effective communicator.
- Be organized and able to inspire and direct others.
While defining the challenge, we understand that the successful individual will have callings and giftings such that some areas will be a bigger part of their role and others smaller.
Main purpose of the job is:
- Cast vision for the direction, growth, and sustainability of the church.
- Regular preaching and teaching.
- To disciple, train, and empower leaders and church members.
- Inspire the church to live radically for Christ.
- Provide and promote Bible teaching to encourage our faith journey.
- Spend time in daily prayer and Bible study.
- Encourage involvement in mission outreach; local, national and global.
- Participate in ecumenical fellowships with other churches and Christian groups.
- Advise the Ministry Team and be responsible for raising up new leaders.
- Assist church members when transitioning through major life changes.
- Shepherd a healing people and empower a faith family.
- Other related responsibilities which may devolve upon the position from time to time.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected].