Calvary Independent Church (New Castle, PA) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Calvary Independent Church (calvaryindchurch.com) is an independent Bible church seeking a Pastor.
The Word of God is our ultimate authority as interpreted by our Pastor and elder board. We are primarily Baptist in doctrine and theology.
Calvary currently has 60/80 attending morning services with approximately 5 watching live streaming. Pre-COVID we were running an average of 110 at morning services. We also have Sunday school for adults, children, and youth. We run a morning nursery. We still have Sunday evening service and Wednesday evening Prayer meeting (yes very traditional). We have had a long running, vital AWANA program. In the past, there have been on average 45-50 attendees, many from outside of our local church including some from the local neighborhood. Our congregation is composed mostly of blue collar and across all age groups from 93 years of age to newborn and expecting.
We are an elder led church with congregational rule (copy of church constitution attached). We have a history of strong financial stewardship and currently our building is paid for with no debt. We currently support 7 active missionaries, 3 of them who were born and raised at Calvary Independent.
We are a fellowship of believers with a desire to grow both spirituality and numerically to reach a point of better functionality. We are an urban church located on the north side of New Castle PA with mostly suburban members.
The Senior Pastor has the primary responsibility for preaching and teaching the Word of God and the sustaining of biblical doctrines of Calvary Independent Church (CIC). In addition, the Senior Pastor is also responsible for discipling and equipping the saints for ministry. We are looking for a pastor who will facilitate Growth (both numbers and spiritually), Doctrinal Soundness, Evangelistic and Community Outreach and Youth Group Stability. We are looking for a pastor who is open to doing things differently, a people person and one who helps the church grow to the point of functionality while we are known by our unity and love. He must be a man with a spirit led VISION for a vibrant, growing and flourishing church.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, complying with the constitution of CIC and the biblical leadership qualifications of an overseer described in 1 Timothy 3:17 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith of CIC.
- Competent in organization, administration and interpersonal relationships.
- Potential and desire to remain in along-term ministry at CIC.
- Strong in biblical preaching and expository preaching.
- History of faithful ministry experience.
- Ordained or eligible to be ordained.
$52,500 – $60,00 plus benefits (depending on experience)
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Calvary?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Calvary?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Calvary?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].