The First Church of Evans (Derby, NY) – Pastor
The Big Picture
The First Church of Evans (thefirstchurchofevans.com) is seeking a full-time Pastor.
The First Church of Evans is a non-denominational and congregationally-governed community church of 60-65 average attendance founded over 200 years ago and is located in a small town setting in Derby, NY, approximately 25 miles south of Buffalo, NY on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie. Throughout its long history, the Church has been known for its service to the community, ministering to both the spiritual and temporal need of the local area. The beauty of the Church and other buildings related to the Church has made it a landmark and a showplace for the area. The Church has held to a conservative theology. At present the congregation encompasses all economic backgrounds and presents a warm welcoming environment for worship.
The duties of the Pastor will include:
- coordinating with the church secretary to prepare a weekly bulletin
- completing an Order of Worship for Sunday service
- preaching the weekly sermon on Sunday mornings
- conducting a weekly adult Bible study
- teaching a weekly Sunday School class
- preparing a devotional article for the monthly newsletter
- administering the Sacraments of Communion and Baptism
- officiating at all weddings, funerals and other ceremonial occasions as needed
- responsible for the recording of births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, admissions and dismissions
- participating in community organizations to develop relationships with area churches and Christ-centered ministries to proactively serve our community and share the gospel of Jesus Christ
- works with deacons on visitations to address the physical and spiritual needs of individuals
- serves as an ex-officio member of all church committees and as a non-voting member and spiritual advisor at all monthly church council meetings
- provides pastoral counseling to help members deal with personal issues
Ministerial status and qualifications will include:
- must hold a degree from an accredited seminary or Bible college
- must be an ordained and/or licensed minister
- must have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a lead or senior pastor or commensurate position or very exceptional experience as an associate pastor
- must be in agreement with our church’s Statement of Faith
- must have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
$75,000 – $80,00 total package
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at FCOE?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at FCOE?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of FCOE?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].