The Nashua Presbyterian church seeks a full-time pastor who is ordained in the PC(USA). The pastor is responsible for providing leadership in the worship life of the 60 member congregation. Our congregation actively worships, works and plays together as a family. Nashua is located in southern NH, approximately 50 miles northwest of Boston, with the seacoast and the White Mountains within an easy ride.
The Pastor is responsible for providing leadership in the worship life of the congregation, for pastoral outreach to members and friends of the congregation, and for working with the leadership of the church to further the stated goals of the congregation.
- Prepare for and implement of all worship services approved by the Session.
- Visit Hospital, home, and office for all members and friends of the congregation as needed as well as performing baptisms, funerals, and weddings for
members of the congregation.
- Work with the leaders and potential leaders of the congregation, both individually and as a group, to continue to develop their leadership
- Expand Fellowship through new groups and more activities.
- Work with the Session and its committees toward achieving this goal.
- Expand the Christian Education program.
- Expand Outreach programs to the community around church.
Supervise Church Staff
- Coordinate with the pertinent Work Group of Session.
- Expand Participation.
- Encourage participation in the Presbytery of Northern New England.
The Pastor shall meet with the Session and the Deacons and with other committees and working groups of the church, as needed.
Larger Church Responsibilities
The Pastor has a responsibility to serve not just the local congregation, but the larger church as well both within in the PCUSA and in the ecumenical-interfaith community. The church has the responsibility to provide adequate funding for these ministries.
Hours and Time Away
- Hours: 40 hours a week
- Paid Vacation: 4 weeks a year
- Six Annual Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or a compensatory day when that day must be worked for some reason.
- Paid Study Leave: 2 weeks a year.
- Study leave time and expenses may accumulate for up to three years without loss.
- Eligible for Sabbatical after seven years.
- Responsible to Session and Presbytery (via COM) Annual Review by Session.
- The Terms of Call of the Pastor shall be updated at the Annual Congregational.
- Meeting and sent to COM of PNNE for approval.
Salary commensurate with Presbytery of Northern New England guidelines
See our website at www.nashuapresbyterian.org or our Facebook page.
How To Apply
Please send Program Information File with cover letter to David Millner, C0-chair, Search Committee, at [email protected].