Harrod Christian Church (Harrod, Ohio) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Harrod Christian Church is a non-denominational church seeking a full-time Pastor who will preach the Word of God, shepherd the congregation, and equip the church for works of service.
Harrod Christian Church was founded in 1899 with the covenant and agreement to unite ourselves together in church capacity for the promotion of mutual love and fellowship in Christian work. The church uses the Holy Bible as its sufficient and only standard of religious faith and duty. The church currently offers Sunday school each week for children and adults, followed by one worship service. An adult Bible study is also held weekly in the evening. The church also offers multiple special opportunities for fellowship throughout the year to members, with an emphasis on community outreach and involvement. Our non-denominational church is located in a small-town setting, within the Village of Harrod, less than 10 miles east of Lima, OH. The congregation is comprised of members and churchgoers of a variety of ages, including many children.
We are currently seeking a full-time pastor to work 40 hours per week (most hours may be set at his discretion) to fulfill the following duties:
- Sunday morning worship with solid Biblical teaching.
- Wednesday evening Bible Study.
- Visitation to members at nursing homes on a regular basis.
- Home visits to congregation families when needed.
- Funeral service duties when needed.
- Weddings for church members’ families, including counseling.
- Knowledge of and involvement in area ministerial activities and meetings.
- Knowledge of and involvement in area church and community activities.
- Promote growth of the congregation, spiritually and numerically.
- Counsel members as needed.
- Abide by a regular schedule.
- Be present at hospital surgeries and/or for other serious matters.
- Daily hospital visitation for congregation families.
- Regular time spent in prayer for the church and its people.
- Monthly reports to the Church Board of activities and duties rendered.
- Dedication of babies and baptism of new members.
- Communion during service at least quarterly, but can be whenever needed or desired
- Spouse participation in church activities.
- Attendance at the monthly Church Board meeting
- Evidence of a committed, mature, and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, including enthusiasm and passion for the Word, as it is written.
- Commitment to living a faithful and Godly life and conducting oneself in a manner as to not bring reproach upon themselves, their family, or the church.
- An individual who is self-motivated and able to work independently and with accountability toward directed goals of the congregation.
- Previous experience in preaching and leading a congregation is preferred.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future
Parsonage with all utilities paid, as well as a weekly check for an amount negotiated with and agreed upon by the Church Board.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Harrod Christian Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at Harrod Christian Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of Harrod Christian Church?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].