Southern Heights Christian Church (Anderson, IN) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Southern Heights Christian Church (southernheights.co) (55 pre-covid) is seeking a full-time Pastor to preach the Word, equip the church and reach the lost for the glory of God.
After six years of shepherding our church, God has called our current pastor to another ministry, and we are asking the Lord that he might bring us another pastor. His ministry was primarily focused on helping us grow in health. We are hopeful that the next man God calls to lead us can provide continuity through expositional preaching but also in reaching our community with the saving gospel of Jesus Christ.
In short, we are seeking a man who can “preach the word in season and out of season” (2 Tim 4:2) and wisely lead us into greater Christlikeness to reach our community.
Pastor’s Note: As the current pastor, I could not have asked for a more loving and generous church! They gave me a chance when I was young and inexperienced. They patiently endured my failings, and they cheered my successes more than I deserved. I am so thankful to God for giving me to them and them to me. I am so excited for you, the next pastor to get to know and care for this wonderful flock.
- Biblically qualified (1 Tim 3; Titus 1).
- A committed follower of Jesus himself (1 Pet 5:1-5) with a rigorous commitment to the spiritual disciplines.
- The right fit for our church’s culture, context, needs and expectations (Acts 6).
- A leader who can fit into our current church and lead us forward, especially in outreach.
- Baptistic in his understanding of baptism.
- Committed to an Elder-Rule model for church (see John Macarthur’s The Master’s Plan for the Church).
- An expositional preacher (see David Helm’s Expositional Preaching).
- Able to build bridges with people from varying theological backgrounds within the evangelical tradition, understanding the non-denominational nature of Southern Heights as an independent Christian church.
35,000 to 45,000 for salary, based on experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at SHCC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor at SCHC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the beliefs of SHCC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].