Voluntown Baptist Church (Voluntown, CT) – Pastor
The Big Picture
Voluntown Baptist Church (voluntownbaptistchurch.org) is a small rural church of approximately 170 members seeking a Pastor.
We believe in the triune God, in Jesus’ virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Our mission is to: Evangelize unbelievers, edify believers, worship in spirit and truth and love our neighbors as ourselves.
We are searching for a pastoral candidate with a servant’s heart who:
- Believes the Bible is the sole authority for faith and practice and Jesus is the sole Head of the Church.
- Believes that God calls individuals directly to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and are guided by the Holy Spirit.
- Understands our church is self-governing with regenerate membership (Luke 10:25-28, Romans 10:13) meaning people come into salvation and the church as understanding youth and/or adult believers (not as infants).
- Believes in religious liberty for believers.
Our candidate needs to:
- Be led by the Holy Spirit.
- Embrace congregational contact.
- Demonstrate experience. -Provide Educational background.
$70,000-80,000 Total Package depending upon experience.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description, the church website and the longer pastoral profile. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor at Voluntown Baptist Church?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Voluntown Baptist Church?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of Voluntown Baptist Church.
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online sermon to [email protected].