The Director of Children’s Ministry helps Grace Covenant Church carry out its vision to transform lives through discipleship to Jesus by providing biblical and theological teaching, and administrative leadership to all aspects of Children’s Ministry (birth through grade 6).
- A disciple of Jesus Christ who has a growing relationship with the Lord and a love and passion for serving Him.
- Spiritual gifts appropriate for this position, such as, leadership, teaching, and administration.
- A lifestyle consistent with the biblical qualifications for leaders (1 Tim.3:1-13: 2Tim.2; Titus1:5- 9).
- A heart to honor God above all, and to lead people, (especially children), into deeper personal relationship and knowledge of Him.
- Experience with ministry to children.
- College or equivalent training in relevant areas (education, biblical studies, or related field) would be a plus.
- A solid knowledge of Scripture and a commitment to teaching God’s Word.
- An ability to effectively apply biblical principles that lead to life transformation.
- A high commitment to team ministry.
- Experience building teams and discipling team leaders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be a continual learner in the field of children’s faith development.
- Ability to maintain appropriate discretion and confidentiality.
- Be humble and teachable.
Responsibilities/Essential Job Duties:
- General Responsibilities.
- Work with the Associate Pastor to support the vision, direction, and goals for the Children’s Ministries that are aligned with the overall vision of GCC.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings.
- Be (or will become) a member in good standing of Grace Covenant Church (GCC).
- Maintain regular participation in the worship and body life of GCC.
- Children’s Ministry Leadership
- Provide leadership for Children’s Ministries activities which include Sunday morning and mid-week activities.
- Build relationships with children and their parents/families.
- Work with church leadership and staff to coordinate family-oriented events.
- Provide a warm, safe, and friendly environment for children and families.
- Develop, recruit, train, and lead, children’s ministry teams.
- Provide opportunities for parents to grow in their ability to disciple their own children.
- Find creative ways to develop relationships with the schools in our community.
- Oversee scheduling of Children’s Ministry volunteers utilizing Grace Connect (church management software).
- Create and manage Children’s Ministry funding plans.
- Develop tools to gauge the effectiveness of GCC’s Children’s Ministries including the evaluation of curriculum.
- Encourage families through regular and consistent communication.
- Encourage children to engage in the larger church body-life.
How To Apply
Email your cover letter, resume, and any teaching samples to Search Committee at [email protected].