Job Description: Help engage the congregation, aided and led by the Holy Spirit, to magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ by skillfully combining biblical truth with music.
*This position may be designated as a Pastor or Director, depending on the applicant. Additionally, the candidate will serve the church via other ministry areas to be determined during the hiring process.
- Develop weekly worship gatherings in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
- Provide engagement, clear communication, and spiritual leadership from the platform.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Sunday morning worship gatherings, including selection of songs, music arrangements, that both meets the needs of the congregation and affirm the central theme of the message preached.
- Train and shepherd, the worship team.
- Actively recruit, equip, and develop volunteers.
- Schedule worship team weekly through Planning Center.
- Lead instrumental and vocal rehearsals in preparation for Sunday.
- Assist the other ministries of the church as worship and music leadership are needed.
- Occasionally plan and implement music for holiday services and prayer gatherings.
- Collaborate with audio visual team in preparation for gatherings.
- Oversee the financial and equipment needs of the worship ministry including the maintenance of musical instruments.
- Oversee other areas of ministry to be determined during the hiring process.
- Evidence of conversion and spiritual growth, Christlike character, a healthy practice of spiritual disciplines, and a genuine love for God and others.
- A lifestyle that is consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1–7, Titus 1:5–9, and 1 Peter 5:1–4.
- A clear understanding of, and ability to communicate, the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to train and develop the musical and leadership skills of both vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Ability to arrange chord charts and lead sheets.
- Possess developed skills as a singer, guitarist and/or keyboardist with considerable knowledge in other instruments.
- Competent in public speaking, and must be able to prepare and lead congregational prayer and/or the sharing of scripture-based reflections and words of encouragement that enrich the worship experience.
- Effective planning and organizational capacity with consistent execution and follow-through.
- Confident and self-motivated, while also teachable and humble.
- Ability to work as a team and motivate others to serve with excellence.
Education and Experience
This position requires experience leading music and congregational singing within the context of the local church. A bachelor’s degree is necessary and theological training is preferred. The successful candidate will have a foundational understanding of evangelical theology and Christ-centered worship.
- Serves under the direction and authority of the pastoral staff and elders.
- Agrees with the doctrine, leadership philosophy, and direction of Calvary.
- Problem solves and makes decisions with confidence.
- Handles difficult situations with grace.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit resume and video samples to:
Ben Hernandez, Lead Pastor
Calvary Baptist Church, Holland MI