Character and Conviction:
As part of the Equipping Staff of Stonebridge Church, the pastor for Stonebridge Students must meet the following spiritual qualifications:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ marked by spiritual maturity, humility, joy, love, and an utter dependence on the gospel of Jesus.
- Agreement with Stonebridge Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Agreement with and desire to live out Stonebridge Church’s Mission, Values, and Operation Convictions.
- A life that accords with the character qualifications for elders laid out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-7.
Experience and Skill:
The Pastor for Stonebridge Students must be a capable leader and godly servant, who shares the church’s vision and commitment to gospel- centrality, and helps impart that vision and commitment among students, volunteers, and the broader Stonebridge family.
As a teacher of the Word, the Pastor must be able to faithfully and effectively communcate God’s Word in a variety of settings, he must also be devoted to ongoing equipping and training in Word ministry.
- Serve as part of the Discipleship Team, helping set and execute a cohesive gospel- centered strategy for cultivating spiritual health and maturity across generations at Stonebridge, with a focus on students in grades 6-12.
- Teach the Word of God, helping students see the gospel at the center and bringing God’s Word to beat on their lives.
- Recruit and train volunteer team leaders and members for gospel-centered Word ministry among students. provide training sessions for all volunteer leaders.
- Initiate and build relationships with middle and high school students, as well as parents and adult leaders.
See full job description HERE.
Find our candidate packet with information about Stonebridge, Cedar Rapids and our search process HERE.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted through January 15, 2022.