Vandergrift Presbyterian Church of ECO’s Rivers of Life Presbytery, is prayerfully seeking our next pastor. As a medium sized church in a small town/rural setting we desire a dedicated pastor to lead us as we re-group following Covid, heal from the sudden loss of our pastor and grow our Gospel presence in our local community.
The Vandergrift Presbyterian family is a blend of strong leaders, dedicated volunteers, quiet servants, faithful and less frequent worship attendees and occasional seekers. Many of our covenant partners have worshipped and served side by side for years, resulting in strong supportive relationships. Although a close-knit community, we maintain a friendly outlook and newcomers are warmly received.
In worship, the clear preaching of God’s Word is welcomed and application to life’s challenges is appreciated. The children’s sermon is enjoyed by the entire congregation. We also find great joy in music that lifts our hearts in combined praise. Scripture reading is integral to our service, as are shared prayer and foundational creeds. Our church family has a history of maintaining long-term pastoral calls. As our fellow traveler and leader, we respect and support our pastor’s gifts. We are loyal in our commitment to him/her and strive individually and jointly to support our shepherd (and their family) as we
journey together with God.
Expectations/ Desired Attributes
- Demonstrates a disciplined lifestyle of seeking God above all.
- Provides Spirit led & theologically sound teaching; relatable & challenging.
- Exhibits enthusiasm that engages our congregation in worship, prayer & spiritual growth.
- Displays servant leadership; humble and approachable.
- Values clear communication as key to fostering relationships between Session, Committees, Covenant Partners, etc. Practices effective conflict resolution & reconciliation strategies.
- People oriented and possessing a strong interest in establishing ministries for children,
youth, and families.
- Provides guidance and values our legacy as we define a future vision.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent experience
- Ordained (or working toward) Pastor in the
- Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians or other Reformed Denomination
- 5 years demonstrated leadership experience
- Agreement with ECO Essential Tenants and
A detail description of our church and the desired attributes of our next pastor can be found here: https://eco-pres.org/wp-content/uploads/job-manager uploads/application/VPCPastorSearchProfile_approved4MB.pdf
How To Apply
Applicants are asked to provide:
- Letter of introduction; please include how your gifts and experience dovetail with our expressed hopes as outline in “Our Next Chapter” from the link listed above.
- Statement of Faith
- 4 References who can speak to your character, gifts and leadership/ministry experience
- Links to 3 sermons in video or audio format
Please email the above to Beverly at [email protected] (PDF format preferred) or by mail to:
Vandergrift Presbyterian Church, c/o Search Committee, 195 Washington Ave, Vandergrift, PA 15690