The position is for a part time or full time English pastor or minister to shepherd a small English Ministry congregation of a community church. He/she will work interdependently alongside with Deacon’s Board in pastoral and administrative functions for various areas of church ministries. He will also work closely with the English Ministry Deacon in planning, implementing, and evaluating the English Ministry and to execute the vision and mission of the English Ministry.
The candidate needs to have a passion to shepherd and care for the English congregation to grow the ministry ground up and be willing to do outreach as needed. The candidate needs to be personable to both young and old congregants and be proactive in building good relationship.
- Agreement with OCM Canaan Church’s Faith statement in Church Constitution, vision, and missions.
- Meets all the character qualifications of deacons as stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Personal devotion to live in light of the Gospel.
- With a passion to shepherd and care for the English congregation and ministry developing (bottom-up), mentoring, and coaching leaders.
- Able to teach and preach expository and biblically based messages.
- Supported by spouse (if married) who encourages him to serve the church freely and joyously, but walks the tension of managing his family well (1 Tim 3:5).
- Personable who enjoys people and adapting to the needs of ministry wherever that leads him.
- Self-starter who actively pursues ministry and people, rather than passively awaiting instructions.
- Experience in addressing complex challenges.
- Master’s degree in Divinity school or higher degree.
- Minimum 1 year experience.
- Actively participates in church life, including Sunday Worship, small groups, etc. family participation in church life.
- Evaluates various English ministries and propose different approaches to grow the congregation as needed.
- Consults with lead pastor as necessary to continue to guide and lead the church to fulfill the vision and mission of the Church.
- Works alongside with the English Ministry Deacon and assists lead pastor as required with various pastoral needs of the church, which might include, counseling, preaching, teaching, etc.
- Discipling congregants, cultivate and support ministry leaders.
- Proactively meet and greet visitors and promote bonding among congregants.
- Works alongside with pastor in preparation of deacon meetings as needed.
- Participates in committees as appointed or as necessary to support various church initiatives.