Shelbyville Community Church (http://shelbychurch.org/), a welcoming, community-minded non-denominational congregation located within the Indianapolis metropolitan area, is a seeking full-time Pastor of Children’s Ministry who understands the importance of family ministry and is able to lead and equip a strong volunteer team to embrace the next generation of disciples.
The Pastor of Children’s Ministry’s responsibilities are three-fold:
- Provide long-term vision and infrastructure for a sustainable children’s ministry that develops children into lifelong disciples of Jesus.
- Lead and equip a team of children’s ministry volunteers who share ownership of the ministry.
- Shape content and programs to give children and families the knowledge, skills, and experiences they need.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Understanding of child development.
- Value of Scripture.
- The ability to equip families to lead their children in faith.
- Strong relational and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively lead a children’s ministry.
- Interested candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of children’s ministry experience.
How To Apply
Resumes, along with a cover letter, can be sent to Elaine Pendergrass [email protected].