Pastor of Family Discipleship
Lutheran Church of the Cross of Altoona, Iowa, is a practical faith community looking for a Pastor of Family Discipleship to join its team. This high-capacity leader will be mature in their faith, yet humble in spirit and hungry to see the mission of God move forward. He/she will enjoy people and have the ability to build and maintain quality relationships. Drawing on in-depth experience leading kids, youth, and adult ministry, we’d like for the Discipleship Pastor to bring creativity, vision and a cohesive discipleship strategy to the church. This servant-coach will train and equip others for ministry, work together with various teams, be organized, and have excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing vision, coaching, training and recruiting for the Kids Ministry Team.
- Providing coaching for the Youth Coordinator and being a visible presence during Youth Ministry gatherings.
- Providing vision, coaching, training, and presence for the Adult Ministry Team and coaching the Next Steps Coordinator.
- Overseeing the pre-marriage ministry process.
What you need to have:
- Disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Strong ministry gifts and passion for Discipleship of all ages and Preaching/Teaching.
- Leadership gifts of casting vision and team building.
- Comfortable with and capable of using multimedia in preaching/teaching.
Located in close proximity to Des Moines, Altoona is a suburb of the capital city with a close-knit community feel. Altoona is home to many restaurants and entertainment venues, including a state-of-the-art theater, aquatic center, amusement park, horse racing, and many outdoor recreation opportunities. Within a short drive of the city, you will find water recreation (lakes and rivers) and parks for hiking, camping, and playgrounds. It’s just a short 10-minute drive to downtown Des Moines with many cultural, shopping, and dining options.