Pastor of Student Ministries
Redemption Bible Church (Fresno, CA)
Pastor of Student Ministries
The Big Picture
Redemption Bible Church (redemptionfresno.org), is seeking a Pastor of Student Ministries who is an entrepreneurial dynamic, catalytic leader motivated by a shepherd’s heart with a passion to lead, grow, and multiply disciples for the glory of Jesus Christ. The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for the disciple-making of 7th-12th grade students while giving oversight to Children’s and Young Adult Ministries in accordance with the mission, vision, and doctrine of Redemption Bible Church as established by the Elders.
Spiritual & Character Qualifications
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Meet the biblical qualifications for an overseer (I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
- Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8), and administration (I Corinthians 12:28).
- Natural catalyst with high sense of urgency, drive, and energy.
- Pastoral heart of care and support.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have a teachable spirit, humble heart, and willingness to be held accountable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High ability to handle confidential information.
- Be a member of Redemption Bible Church upon employment.
- Oversee, promote, and lead Jr. & Sr. High Student Ministries, regularly scheduled special events, etc.
- Recruit, coordinate, disciple, and train a team of Student Ministry volunteers.
- Serve as the primary biblical teacher and faithfully study, prepare and handle the Word of God.
- Create, manage, and maintain responsibilities for the Student Ministries calendar.
- Establish and maintain regular channels of communication with parents regarding Student Ministries.
- Coordinate and lead quarterly meetings to inform and equip parents.
- Support and equip parents through quarterly meetings, communication, and personal access.
- Attend church services (including special services) and belong to a weekly Small Group.
- Direct recruitment and training of leaders/helpers as needed for weekly activities and special events.
- Develop a student leadership program for advanced discipleship and leadership.
- Implement program management including security policies and procedures in support of weekly meetings and special events.
- Plan and conduct periodic meetings to assess the needs of student families.
- Work with applicable staff to cast a vision and expectation for each student to be discipled through various mediums (e.g., Small Groups, Vacation Bible School, summer camp, etc.).
- Develop a consistent presence on school campuses, school-related groups, and community events.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Manage and steward SM budget and other resources.
Education and Experience
- 3+ experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity.
- BA and seminary training preferred.
- Full/Part time: Full time with benefits.
- Reporting to: Lead Pastor.
- Weekly Hours: 45+.
- Compensation: commensurate with experience/qualifications.
How To Apply
Please look over this job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Pastor of Student Ministries at RBC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Pastor of Student Ministries at RBC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of RBC?
Please send your resume, the answers to these questions and a link to at least one online message to [email protected].