Pastor of Student Ministries
Faith Alliance Church
New Bremen, Ohio
Pastor of Student Ministries
Purpose & Overview of Faith Alliance Church:
The purpose of the Pastor of Student Ministries is to develop a ministry platform that will be effective in teaching and showing students in grades 7-12 what it looks like to live for Jesus. We are excited to have a growing church that is regularly welcoming new young adults and young families. Faith Alliance has a strong and growing Children’s Ministry that will be providing a lot of students for our Youth Ministry who are excited to learn and grow spiritually at the Junior High and High School level. We believe there is great opportunity to develop ministry platforms to reach students who do not yet know Jesus. We have a newly renovated Youth Center facility that includes a half-court gym, a mini lounge/café area, a full kitchen with dining area, and multiple rooms for small group gatherings. There is a strong core of adult leaders who are eager to support the vision and direction of our new Youth Pastor. Faith Alliance is a church located in rural Ohio where Catholicism is the predominant religion represented. Our church is growing younger as individuals, couples, and families in their 20s and 30s join our family of faith. That being said, we are also fortunate to have a strong core of people and families who have been faithfully following Jesus for many generations; their strong faith and support is extremely important. Sunday worship services are nearing 300 people, we’re excited to see what God has in store for our church and surrounding communities in the upcoming years. Don’t hesitate to visit our website or to reach out if you have more questions.
The Youth Pastor position would require a relational pastor who is excited to invest in the lives of students beyond Youth Ministry events and to help form the vision and direction of our Youth Ministry platform. The philosophy of ministry should include strong communication with parents and families, who almost always provide the best relationships and environments for discipleship. In addition to integrating families, we hope to provide our students with meaningful experiences through retreats, mission trips (domestically & internationally), and other strategic events.
Our students are living in a culture that is increasingly opposed to the Good News of Jesus. We look forward to welcoming a pastor to our leadership team who is excited to model and teach how our young people can experience God’s faithfulness, love, and joy in their daily lives. It is an exciting time to be a follower of Jesus and to know his hope and peace! We believe the environment at Faith Alliance provides a great place for someone to invest in the lives of students, to grow themselves and to be developed as a leader and pastor as they will be encouraged by other leaders and members of the family of faith at FAC.
**Because our previous Youth Pastor also oversaw our Missions Department, this position could include involvement with international and regional mission partnerships. This is only a possibility at this point and the decision will be made as experiences, skills, and giftings of all our pastoral and lay-leaders are considered.
The Pastor of Student Ministries will work under the direct supervision of the Lead Pastor. He will seek to
partner with and support the vision of our elder team as communicated by the Lead Pastor.
- To oversee the Youth Ministry of the church for students in grades 7-12.
- To recruit, develop, and supervise adult volunteers.
- To recruit and develop student leaders who can participate in leadership roles.
- To encourage appropriate students to consider God’s call to vocational ministry.
- To maintain strong communication and partnership with parents and families.
- To teach and show students the essentials of Biblical discipleship.
- To teach and show students what it looks like to represent Jesus in a culture that is increasingly opposed to the Christian faith.
- To maximize the potential of our youth building and family relationships by developing vision and strategies to impact FAC students and those who do not yet know Jesus.
- To provide student service and mission related events & experiences that will instill in them a passion for Christ, the Church, and His mission.
- To provide spiritual care and counseling to students as needed.
- To invest in the lives of students outside of Faith Alliance Youth Ministry events.
Administration and Management:
- To plan, schedule and promote youth activities, including local, district and denominational.
- To insure the safety of students in all respects, and to comply with the “Safe Place for All” policy.
- To keep accurate records of attendance, Safe Place compliance, and finances as related to Youth Ministry.
- To coordinate Youth Group fundraising projects.
- To prepare bi-monthly reports for the Governing Board.
- To oversee the facilities of the Youth Center, reporting any maintenance needs to the Trustees or janitor, as appropriate.
- To maintain all student ministry equipment.
- To build relationships with persons in the surrounding community.
- To provide pastoral care to students and their families as needed.
- To assist in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities of the church as needed.
- To participate fully in the shared life of the ministry staff, Governing Board, and Elders.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Authentic love for Jesus
- Healthy personal identity
- A love for teens and good relational skills
- Visionary outlook
- Positive attitude
- Good work ethic
- Healthy family life
- Humble and teachable spirit
- Life-long learner
- Demonstration of the Biblical qualities for an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Excellent knowledge of the Bible.
- Theology in line with the beliefs of the Christian & Missionary Alliance.
- A ministry related degree is preferred, but comparable experience, training, or clear call to ministry will be considered.
- Licensed or licensable by the Christian & Missionary Alliance (If unsure, we can explain more.)
- Previous experience in at least one ministry setting preferred.
- Good financial management skills.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary package will be competitive and in line with what’s appropriate based on the applicants education and pastoral experience.
- Faith Alliance Church provides their pastors $10,000 for the purchase of a health insurance plan.
- Expense account for ministry expenses and reimbursement of all ministry related expenses.
- Two weeks of vacation per year for first 3 years; 3 weeks after three years of service.
- Nine holidays: New Year’s Day, substitute for Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, substitute for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Faith Alliance Church will provide an office, office furnishings, a computer, and $35 monthly for cell phone usage.
- The Pastor of Student Ministries will need to live within 15 miles of the church.
How To Apply
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
**More information about Faith Alliance Church can be seen at our website: www.faith-alliance.org
**Our Lead Pastor will be on sabbatical during June and July of 2023. You are still welcome to submit inquiries and applications before and during that time, someone from our church leadership will follow up with you as soon as they’re able.