Snohomish Community Church is a larger area ministry that primarily draws students from the city of Snohomish and surrounding schools. We have a thriving middle school ministry, overseen by a full-time resident pastor, that meets twice weekly for teaching and midweek life groups. Our middle schoolers have become the heartbeat of our ministry, which feeds into a biblically rich high school ministry. Our high school ministry is rooted in discipleship and meets twice weekly for worship, teaching, and life groups. In an annual year, our students are engaged in camps, missions, special events, and service projects. The ministry we have designed recognizes that students are not simply the church of tomorrow but the church of today!
The Role At a Glance: We are seeking a Student Ministry Pastor who is committed to the mission of Snohomish Community Church, has a passion to minister to students, and is gifted and experienced in youth ministry. We are looking for a leader with a clear vision, philosophy, and strategy for reaching and discipling students with the gospel.
Why This Role is Important to SCC: Because we value multi-generational ministry, it is imperative that we pour into the next generation of followers of Jesus. Knowing the formative nature of high school years, we want students to be led biblically and provided incredible ministry experiences, in a safe and welcoming environment. Whether through large group gatherings, Life Groups, one-on-one discipleship, camps, mission trips, or other special events, we want students to be known, cared for and challenged to grow in their relationship with Jesus. The Student Ministry Pastor will lead a volunteer team in engaging ministry to further the mission of the church.
In your New Role, You Will:
- Support the Lead Pastor in carrying out the mission and vision of the church.
- Work in partnership with the student team, to implement a unified student ministry strategy
- Establish goals and programing for evangelism and discipleship for the High School ministry
- Be the primary teacher/communicator within the High School Ministry
- Create and implement an annual calendar for Student Ministries for Sunday mornings, Life Groups, mission trips, camps and other special events
- Enlist and nurture volunteer leaders, through training, encouragement, and relationship building.
- Provide effective ongoing communication and promotion to the SCC family to increase the awareness/importance of Student Ministries
- Fulfill other pastoral duties as needed.
- Serve as part of the Pastoral team.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- A growing relationship with Jesus
- Meet the biblical qualifications of an elder
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Bible or ministry related field
- Gifted, experienced and skilled leadership
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Ability to multi-task
- Wisdom in decision making
- Result-oriented mindset, with strengths in collaboration and inspiration
- Servant leadership with ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Bible, theology, and the ability to articulate the gospel with clarity.
- Ability to work as part of a staff team.
- Unreserved commitment to SCC’s statement of faith, mission, and purposes.
- Membership at SCC upon hire.
Why Choose Snohomish Community Church: We believe a church should be one of the best places to work, where staff love their jobs, enjoy their teammates, and maximize their gifts for effective ministry. SCC staff members are well-loved and cared for.
- Planted in 1993 Snohomish Community Church has grown to one of the larger churches in the community.
- SCC is unwavering in our expository approach to preaching and explaining the scriptures.
- More than 700 people are connected in Life Groups offered for community and Christian growth.
- Through the generous support of SCC, twelve mission partners are supported taking the gospel around the world.
- College-level courses are offered throughout the year through the Snohomish Discipleship Institute, challenging members to go deeper in their faith.
- Excellent ministry provided for children and students, draws many to the SCC family.
How To Apply
Contact: Interested in applying connect with John Doty, Family Pastor and Life Groups | [email protected] or 425.334.9181.