Title of the Position:
Pastor of Students, Franklin Campus
Purpose of Position:
To embody and execute the vision and strategy of Fellowship Student Ministry (FSM), specifically with middle and high school students at the Franklin Campus.
Pastor of Student Ministries
Works closely with:
Student Ministry Director, FSM Staff & Leaders, Students, and Families
I. Franklin FSM:
- Provide strong leadership and presence for Franklin FSM students, leaders, and families.
- Create a culture of fun and program stability for FSM Franklin – providing an environment that is Christ centered and seriously fun.
- Create a culture that that helps leaders be known, empowered, and unleashed for ministry, resulting in an environment where leaders feel known by one another, and are met with regularly.
- Create language and programming to encourage students to invite their unsaved friends and neighbors to our engagements to hear the Gospel and love them well.
- Create a caring, invitational culture where kids and students experience Fellowship as a place where they are known, loved, and individually embraced. Use their name often. Make personal contact when they miss attending. Know their hearts and mentor/teach them well.
- Provide direction and oversight for FSM services, programming, and planning meetings.
- Implement vision and direction for FSM Franklin.
- Work with staff to align camps and events with vision and strategy.
- Teach at FSM camps as needed.
- Co-Lead an FSM global trip.
III. FSM Team:
- Assist the FSM team in the implementation of vision and strategy.
- Attend weekly all-staff meetings.
- Collaborate with FCM, Family and other ministries.
- Provide a voice for FSM (both campuses) in All Staff and ministry leader meetings.
IV. Teaching and Communication:
- Teach Twice a month at FSM.
- Collaborate with FSM teaching team in developing a yearly teaching plan/curriculum.
- Collaborate with the FSM team in recruiting, training, and developing FSM leaders.
- Weekly communication with FSM parents (teaching guide, announcements, events, etc.).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrates personal relationship with Christ through a Biblical lifestyle.
- Is committed to the mission, core values and Staff Behaviors of Fellowship Bible Church.
- Commitment to team environment and emotionally healthy communication.
- Gifted in teaching and passionate about helping students find wholehearted life in Jesus.
- Demonstrates strong relational skills with desire to disciple students.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Strategic thinking.
- Seminary degree or working on one.