Pastor of Young Adults
The Pastor of Young Adutls is responsible for the spiritual leadership and development of specific ministries for the young adults in our congregation. The end goal is an adult who is:
- Actively engaged in Worship both corporately and privately.
- Corporate—Attending, Participating, Giving.
- Private—Equipped to spend time with the Lord daily in Word and Prayer.
- Actively engaged in Fellowship.
- Having a smaller community where they are known, loved, encouraged and challenged.
- .Actively engaged in Missions.
- Discovering and consistently using their gifts to serve our church, Knoxville and the world.
Relationships- To invest time and effort into developing relationships with Young Adults both within and outside of our congregation.
- Will spend consistent time weekly meeting with and getting to know Young Adults in our church.
- Will develop a plan to know and track all members of our church between ages of 22-30 and their involvement.
- Will lead by example, which means he will also be active in building relationships with Young Adults in our community.
- Will work closely with the Director of Young Families and Pastoral Residents in planning and implementing ministry.
- Will recruit and lead a Young Adults Leadership Team consisting of officers and members.
Vision- To align the vision of Young Adult Ministries to the overall vision of Cedar Springs.
- Will be proactive in creating opportunities for our Young Adults to invite their friends, co-workers and others to the church.
- Will continue to look for new and creative ways to encourage Young Adults toward Worship, Fellowship and Mission in order to stay relevant and effective.
Ministry- To create opportunities of growth for our Young Adults.
- Will help plan, develop and implement programs and events to gather and encourage Young Adults.
- Will proactively connect our Young Adults to Worship.
- Will invite them to worship, sit with them and have lunches afterwards.
- Will proactively connect our Young Adults to Fellowship.
- Will help them get engaged in Community Groups.
- Will help them get engaged in Sunday School classes.
- Will proactively connect our Young Adults to Mission.
- Will assist them in discovering their gifts and finding places to use them within Cedar Springs.
- Will train and encourage them in outreach and evangelism.
- Will help them to engage in Local and Global mission.
- Will teach regularly in Young Adult Sunday School classes.
- Will lead a Community Group.
- Will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and training future leaders of the church from among the Young Adults.
- Will preach and lead liturgy on Sunday mornings as needed.
- Will meet with, shepherd and counsel our people.
- Will participate in pastor on call.
The Pastor of Young Adults functions within the following organizational parameters:
- Directly responsible to the Pastor of Adult Ministry.
- Will work in and through the Young Adult Leadership Team.
The Pastor of Young Adults is expected to grow in his spiritual walk with Christ, his commitment to the Body of Believers, and in his burden for those who are lost through:
- Daily devotional time.
- Maintenance of character consistent with Biblical standards for those in leadership.
- Attendance at all church-wide functions.
- Attendance at age-appropriate ministry functions not in conflict with ministry schedule.
How To Apply
Please email your resume’ to Andrew Keasling at: