The Pastor to Women serves as a member of the pastoral team with the specific task of gathering, equipping, and discipling women to gather, equip and disciple. They must possess a high level of maturity exhibited through relational humility, and love. They must also resonate deeply with Downtown Church’s vision and mission.
There is a tremendous pool of talent, gifts, and leadership abilities among the women of Downtown Church. Thus, the Pastor to Women will be expected to hear, assess, and organize ministry to women in a way that utilizes and empowers them, instead of merely resourcing them with programs.
- Gain an understanding of the history of ministry among DC women by meeting with and listening to those in past leadership positions, current staff, etc.
- Map out a strategy for ministry to women at DC to include some form of leadership team.
- Create and implement a discipleship strategy for women.
- Create both large and small group opportunities for learning and growing.
- Create a shepherding strategy for the women of DC.
- Be available to women for pastoral counseling.
- Actively engage as a teacher in our adult Sunday school.
- Be a team player on our current staff willing to both provide and receive direction.
- Attend session meetings
- Report to the Lead Pastor.
Provide information and advice to Pastoral Team and Elder Team on issues relating to, and of particular interest to, the women of DC.
Schedule and oversee periodic women’s retreats and outreach events.
Be responsible, in conjunction with the Treasurer and/or Finance Team, to prepare and
adhere to an annual budget.
- Possess a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and evidence of living out an authentic, passionate relationship with Him.
A commitment to spiritual growth and a personal practice of prayer.
- A heart for women and their journey with Jesus, able to connect with women of all ages, interests, and walks of life with a welcoming spirit.
- The ability to relate across culture, race, and class.
- Undergraduate and Seminary Degree.
- Possess 2-3 years of ministry experience, preferably in a church context.
- Proven leader and strategic thinker.
- Experience building, encouraging, and maintaining ministry teams.
- Able to excel in a teamwork environment with the pastoral staff, with a willingness to collaborate across ministry groups.
- This person may or may not be a current member of Downtown Church but will be expected to become a member within the first year of employment.
How To Apply
Please email Jessie Harvey at [email protected] to apply.