About Trinity Presbyterian Church
A vibrant and diverse community of Christians serving Providence. A congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, it is Trinity’s privilege to offer the hope and encouragement that can be found only in Jesus Christ. Further information can be found on the church website at www.trinitypresri.org.
To serve the Trinity congregation in a variety of ways, with particular focus on the areas of ministry outlined below. If pursuing ministry in the Presbyterian Church in America, this position can be used to meet the internship requirements of Southern New England Presbytery.
25 hours per week. Two weeks of paid vacation per year. Two-year commitment. $30,000 per year. The pastoral assistant shall become a member of Trinity. The pastoral assistant shall work under the supervision of the senior pastor. Position to start as soon as possible.
Demonstrated Christian character. Bachelor’s degree. Relevant experience in local church ministry. Must be outgoing and a self-starter. Ability to work harmoniously with Trinity’s leadership. An ability to affirm the doctrines of the church as described in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Areas of Responsibility
● Supervise Trinity’s participation in the regular gatherings of college students from Brown, RISD, and Johnson & Wales.
● Work to connect college students with the communal life of Trinity.
● Work to augment and promote participation in Trinity’s network of community groups.
● Supervise and expand Trinity’s ministry to its children and youth.
● Develop and implement ways of making Trinity more visible to the community and reaching
the community with the gospel.
● Encourage Trinity members in being more active in sharing their faith.
● Develop a thoughtful and robust process for incorporating people into the life of the church, from first visit to membership.
● Occasionally lead worship.
● Be available to accompany elders on shepherding visits.
● Carry out occasional special assignments from the senior pastor.
How To Apply
If you are interested in joining the staff at Trinity Presbyterian Church as the Pastoral Assistant, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] and indicate “LastName, FirstName, PA Opening” in the memo line.