Date Posted: May 8, 2023
Hours Per Week: 20-40
Houston, TX, USA
Job Type: Residency
Looking for a pastoral resident to help with pastoral care/connection, some teaching/discipleship, and to organize/manage our volunteer ministry.
9-12 months depending on candidate, desired start date of July 1 2023, female candidate preferred.
Pastoral Care and Connection
- Build pastoral relationships.
- Contact work with City Church people.
- Lead or participate in a small group
- Oversee City Church volunteer ministry and Sunday logistics.
- Assist in set up of worship center.
- Recruit and coordinate volunteers for Sunday morning worship.
- Pastor City Church volunteers.
- Assist with coordination of offsite services.
- Teaching and Discipleship.
- Opportunities to preach with coaching and feedback.
- Help craft worship.
- Participate in worship regularly with coaching and feedback.
- Other teaching opportunities throughout the year with coaching and feedback.
- Weekly staff meetings.
- Regularly scheduled meetings with Lead Pastor and Executive Director for mentoring.
- Residency Rotations.
- Designed to expand knowledge in all areas of church.
- Depending on interest of candidate and current needs of City Church, opportunities to spend time helping in different ministry areas
- Periodically attend session and / or diaconal meetings.
How To Apply
Email Valerie Tompson, [email protected], City Church Executive Director with resume.