About the Role
Grace Chapel’s Pastoral Residency program is a two-year mentoring program designed to train and equip the next generation of pastors and church leaders. Under the guidance of dedicated, gifted, and caring advisors, the Pastoral Resident will be able to develop and use their leadership and ministry gifts in a healthy and formative context. You will be placed at one of our campuses, given specific responsibilities, and fully immersed in the work of Grace Chapel.
This role is a full-time position that includes benefits on a two-year contact. It will report to the campus pastor and work closely with Grace Chapel’s Residency Coordinator. The residency begins on June 1.
Meet Grace Chapel
Grace Chapel is a non-denominational, multicultural church that welcomes everyone, no matter what your faith background is or where you are on your spiritual journey. Our mission is simple – discovering life with God for the good of the world. We are fully committed and passionate about helping people find and follow Jesus. We believe that life with God doesn’t just make our lives better; it makes us better for the world around us.
We’ve been around for quite a while – since 1948 in fact, when four families in Lexington, Massachusetts met weekly in a home for a time of worship, Bible study, and prayer. These families had a heart and vision for reaching and serving people in the growing western suburbs of Boston. Since we incorporated in 1956, we’ve grown from a few dozen people in a rented space in Lexington to 4,000 people coming together for Sunday services and midweek programs in-person across five campuses (Lexington, Wilmington, Watertown, East Lexington, and Foxboro) and online. Our worship services are casual, innovative, contemporary, and upbeat and we offer great Sunday morning programs for kids and teens at all our locations. Learn more about Grace and our mission, vision and values on our website at www.grace.org
The Role Will:
- Serve on a primary Campus Team with wide ranging pastoral responsibilities.
- Manage aspects of spiritual formation and leadership development within the campus.
- Work on short-term ministry projects.
- Attend campus and staff meetings and occasional executive team and elder board meetings.
- Develop an understanding and competence in next generation ministries, group life and Sunday services.
- Visit people in their workplace and disciple them towards an integrated view of faith and work.
- Teach, preach and train in multiple settings.
- Provide occasional pastoral care and officiate weddings and funerals.
What You Bring:
- Graduating or recent graduate of seminary education (Master of Divinity, or Theology, or Christian Ministry)
- A strong call to full-time church ministry with interest in eventually becoming a lead pastor/campus pastor
- A team player who cares deeply about the church’s mission in our complicated society
- A person well-grounded in the evangelical expression of the Christian faith
- Emerging gifts in communication and leadership
- Strong relational skills and capable of developing volunteers
- Experienced in team leadership and management preferred
- Multi-cultural and/or international expertise
How To Apply
Think you’re a great fit for this role?
Become a candidate by completing the application via this link: https://gracechapel.applytojob.com/apply/vvfBgBZVOK/Pastoral-Resident-TwoYear-Position