Denomination: Presbyterian – PCA
Weekly Attendance: 325
Location: Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
The Role: Director of Music and Technology
Meet Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church:
Here at Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church, we are committed to the person of Christ, the body of Christ, and the work of Christ. We desire to see disciples being made and lives being impacted in our community and throughout the world. Something that we emphasize a lot is the depth of our relationships, both with God and with each other. When you walk in our church, our goal is that you will be embraced by the depth of God’s love, experience the grace that He offers, and find authentic community here. There is always a place for you!
We greatly anticipate the arrival of our next Director of Music and Technology to join our team and play a key role in leading our church to continue exalting the name of Jesus!
About the Director of Music and Technology:
Ponte Vedra Presbyterian Church (PCA), an established church located in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL seeks a very gifted and Spirit-led full-time Director of Music and Technology. This person is responsible for leading our corporate worship services by crafting the weekly order of worship; overseeing all technology aspects (audio/sound, lighting, live stream, video, etc.), and is responsible for equipping, preparing, and leading our musicians and vocalists in order to lead the congregation in worship in a manner that glorifies God and exalts Jesus Christ. This person reports to the senior pastor and works closely with staff to ensure that our weekly service is relevant and spiritually inspiring while also sound in doctrine. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
The Director of Music and Technology’s Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain, guard, and embody our worship philosophy
- Exhibit a team spirit and, together with the staff, create and cultivate a worshipful environment each Sunday
- Craft a relevant and reverent liturgy (order of service); selecting a wide variety of hymns, songs, and spiritual songs that are Christ-honoring, relevant to our community and appropriate for the congregation; this includes prayers, Scripture readings, confessions, responses, etc.
- Manage the annual music and technology budget
- Recruit worship team members; organize, schedule, and coordinate musicians, vocalists, sound, audio visual, and lighting techs; shepherd the hearts of the team
- Organize and lead weekly rehearsals
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Coach/mentor worship volunteers to become better musicians and worship leaders
- Oversee the weekly setup of music and sound equipment and maintain/update as needed
What You Bring:
Education & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in leading worship in a church or parachurch ministry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to command the attention of a rehearsal group making efficient use of time
- Ability to communicate graciously and effectively to members of a worship team comprised of professional and non-professional musicians in order to improve their collective sound
- Ability to lead corporate worship services (Sunday mornings and other special services) and additionally lead and equip others in the children’s and youth ministries
- Ability to operate sound, lighting, and audio/visual equipment with a specific ability to train others on such operations
Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- A mature, devoted follower of Christ who seeks to live a life that honors God
- A genuine commitment to the gospel ministry and a sense of divine call to the ministry of the local church
- Possesses strong musical aptitude—including excellent vocal and instrumental proficiencies
What It’s Like to Live in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL:
Located on the scenic A1A, Ponte Vedra Beach (North FL) offers a blend of laid-back luxury and natural beauty. Situated between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, the area provides the perfect blend of small-town charm and big city sophistication. Known for its outdoor ambiance, Ponte Vedra Beach is graced with miles of white sandy beaches that provide beachgoers year-round opportunities to enjoy the abundant Florida sunshine and a variety of water sports. Superb restaurants and shopping venues for all tastes can be found along the A1A corridor, and one of north Florida’s largest malls, the St. John’s Town Center, is only 10 minutes away. The nearby city of Jacksonville, home of the NFL’s Jaguars, offers visitors an abundance of attractions including the Cummer Museum of Art, the Museum of Science and History, and the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. Not too far to the south, the town of St. Augustine offers a wonderful opportunity to walk the cobble stoned streets and shop the old town where early Spanish settlers roamed hundreds of years ago. The city also has one of the nation’s largest outlet malls and hosts the World Golf Village.
How To Apply
Apply by following this link: https://www.vanderbloemen.com/job/ponte-vedra-presbyterian-church-director-of-music-and-technology