Fellowship Covenant Church, Arvada, CO – Preaching Pastor
The amount of compensation aligns with the expectation that the role as Preaching Pastor will not exceed ten (10) hours per week. The duration of this contract will not be less than twelve (12) months and shall not exceed five (5) years unless mutually agreed by the Parties. This agreement can be extended in twelve (12) month increments or mutually agreed by both parties.
The ten (10) hour allotment will be assessed to the following areas of responsibility. The hours might be modified from week to week but should not exceed in total the budgeted ten (10) hours of time per week for a total of 40 hours per month.
- Sermon prep and Sunday Morning services: approximately three times per month. Sermons are expected to be delivered for approximately 35-45 mins per week and will be recorded for public internet consumption.
The remaining hours will be distributed as needed across the following areas at the direction of the Senior Pastor:
- Bible Study participation with various FCC groups.
- Interaction with the Worship team
- As needed to conduct a class on mutually agreed topics.
- Congregational care in support of congregants for various life events which include but are not limited to:
- To expand the FCC congregation
- To expand on the visibility of FCC within the community
- If married then the participation of the spouse in the life of the church is expected.
- While the Preaching Pastor can spend the majority of the time communicating with the congregants remotely through various means that include but are not limited to telephonic interaction, internet means and written correspondence, there is a desire for the Preaching Pastor to be available in the FCC building one Sunday per month when not preaching.
The salary will be a fixed fee paid – inclusive of taxes – $1,500 per month or as mutually agreed.
Every two (2) weeks, or as mutually agreed, the Preaching Pastor will present to the Senior Paster a list of aggregate activities performed and time allotted to the activities in approximate hour-long increments. The documentation will be used to inform the Senior Pastor and Trustees of where time is being utilized.
How To Apply
Please look over the job description and the church website. Along with your resume please answer these four questions:
- Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as the Preaching Pastor for FCC?
- Describe your experiences in ministry and how you may be qualified to serve as the Preaching Pastor at FCC?
- In just a few sentences please give a summary of your theology and how that is in line with the doctrine of FCC?
- What is your bi-vocational plan?
Please send your resume, a sermon link and the answers to these questions to [email protected].