Professor of Biblical Studies
Position Summary: LCC International University invites applications for a full-time teaching position in Biblical studies to begin in fall semester 2023. The position involves teaching the core curriculum Bible sequence, maintaining a modest research portfolio, and participation in the active intellectual life of the campus. The ideal candidate would also have the ability to contribute to our campus in one of the following areas: teaching advanced Biblical studies courses, or philosophy (ethics or Christian worldview), history of world civilizations or an introduction to the humanities course called arts and culture.
LCC International University is a fully accredited liberal arts university located in the port city of Klaipeda, Lithuania. Instruction is in English and the campus is residential. Our 650 students from divergent faith backgrounds come from over 60 countries for an education modeled on the North American liberal arts college with a Christian worldview.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching introductory classes in Old and New Testament.
- Conducting, presenting, and publishing original research in the area of specialty.
Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching advanced courses in a specialized area.
- Providing thesis advising to students.
- Teaching in a related area: philosophy, history of world civilizations or arts and culture.
- Community service.
- Student ministry.
- A Ph.D. in Biblical Studies or closely related field by the time of appointment (preferred), or at least 3 years of related experience with a Master’s degree in Theology.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated experience in a ministry or missions-related context.
- Demonstrated commitment to student-centered education.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of a culturally diverse student body.
How To Apply
To apply, complete the LCC application at https://lcchr.catsone.com/careers/38214-General/jobs/15920692-Professor-of-Biblical-Studies-Fall-2023
The application will require submission of your CV.
Questions about the position or the department should be directed to Steve van Zanen, Theology Department Chair, at [email protected].